Model Cars Magazine Forum

FACEBOOK: I couldn't have said it better...

Ace-Garageguy

• Ace-Garageguy changed the title to FACEBOOK: I couldn't have said it better...

Facebook has put me in contact with long list friends and I can keep up with what’s going on with relatives.

Then again some of the nice people we know on the model boards can be raving political lunatics there!

And for their recently announced aspirations, some might remember I did some work for Facebook in 2019 in Seattle.. yup, I set up the asset management system for their virtual reality labs!

Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter etc etc.     More people blindly walking into lamp posts, doors and so on, or worse still out in front of a bus. How long will it be before our Mobile Phones become surgical implants with a head up display directly to our brains?  Maybe we are getting into Cyberdyne Systems / Terminator territory faster than we realise. I often ask my son and grandson if their mobile phone is welded to their hand as they seem to be perpetually looking at it every couple of minutes. Most of what they are looking at is pure unadulterated rubbish like most gaze at and forget that they can actually talk to someone on their phone as well.

What amuses me is when I constantly hear the great gullible saying they have hundreds of 'Friends' on Facebook.             No! they are just contacts!              Real close friends can usually be counted on one hand!

Tom has pointed out about catching up with long lost friends and family on FB, so it does have its uses since Friends Reunited (remember them?) closed its doors.

FR was good in its day when you could zone in on your old school or workplace to find out what your old classmates and colleagues are up to.   Ah well, happy days!

Edited by Bugatti Fan

At the campground, after the sun goes down, we laugh because even there, camping and relaxing, everyone's face is lit up by their phones as we pass by. I enjoy leaving my phone in the truck as soon as we get set up. It funny how not so many years ago, we got along just fine without the confounded things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4mula1fan said:

At the campground, after the sun goes down, we laugh because even there, camping and relaxing, everyone's face is lit up by their phones as we pass by. I enjoy leaving my phone in the truck as soon as we get set up. It funny how not so many years ago, we got along just fine without the confounded things. 

We were out camping last weekend. There's no cell coverage where we were. Turned my phone off. The only thing I missed was the camera when we had a covey of quail wander into our camp site. 

Not that I don't love y'all to death, but sometimes, you just need a break. 

• Like 1