Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Ford Galaxie, Problem child 2

RDean58

At least I have good front and rear bumpers and a hood for the other one I got recently. This one may turn into a custom because of the dead frame, dead glass, and burn mark on the body. We will see if the old paint comes off or not.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, all comments welcomed.

Don't rule out cheep brake fluid for paint removal if all else fails. That stuff would do a number on paint on a real car. Did the builder just spread glue around on the chassis ? At least the Bumpers and Grill look good and the Tail Lights should be removable. You can make new glass when needed. 

On 11/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, RDean58 said:

First soak with Easy Off.  It came out pretty good so I'm doing it again 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All comments welcomed.

LOL i have a 68 glue bomb just like that and it was also brushed in that green i think it was the same guy.!!! the bottom looks the same only in orange it has been sitting in my to do box for 10 years i was lucky when i got it Modelhause was around and o got all new chrome and taillights and i had to get a hood to the one i have has one big hole in it. I think it's time to start mine to. good luck with yours i will be watching it.