Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stuff on the bench.

on the Jeep, I had to cut off that anemic 4 banger and give  it a proper small block Chevy (from one of the '84 GMCs) the trans is from the Jeep. I wasn't using the Blazer wheels so I decided they would look nice on the Jeep. Still have a set of finned valve covers for both engines. The other '72 Blazer is off the shelf all in black for a future build.

I had painted the seats the same sandalwood color as this top, but it just didn't look right so I went back and did them in satin black. The stance is a little higher than stock because I located the rears under the leaf springs rather than on top. The winch bumper came from one of those tomb Rader modern jeeps. The winch is from one of those1984 GMC pickups if I remember correctly. Still needs a bit of paint detail.

Still coming down the home stretch.  I got out that big box of shrink tubing to try to simulate roll bar padding. I bought it from Harbor Fraight many years ago. Could have come out better. I'll say this, next time I'm using a better paint brush for those fender extensions.  That was a minor disaster.20211124_142338.thumb.jpg.72077b3bd504d0f313ddb3c72420eefe.jpg20211124_142352.thumb.jpg.8b329ccc0bef92ac21b4d7b8336addd2.jpg