Model Cars Magazine Forum

Images of latest planned Moebius Ford F-Series kits from today's NNL Motor City....

tim boyd

On 11/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, gasman said:

any word on the Dump or Tow Trucks, i'm assuming not till 2023

Terry, it is my understanding that such projects are being looked at, but I didn't get a clear read as to what their actual status might be.  I think it would be safe to say that Moebius is looking at, and will eventually produce, a number of other body derivatives based on their 1965-66 and 1967-72 Ford truck tooling.  As long as the new kit variations based on that tooling set continue to sell well, that is. 

Best...TIM 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BubbaBrown said:

Want to back date the 1967 ramp truck to a 1965, can I just change the cabs ?

It depends on how authentic you want to be. Several changes were made to the F 350 in '67. '67 was the first year of the twin I beam and 8 lug wheels in F 350's. '65-'66 F 350's used the I beam front axle with 6 lug wheels. Also, the '65-'66 F 350 floor pan was the older higher '61-64 F 100-F250 floor pan, it was higher with inner steps. But, if these changes don't bother you, the '65-'66 F 100 cab will adapt to the '67-'72 frame nicely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leafsprings said:

It depends on how authentic you want to be. Several changes were made to the F 350 in '67. '67 was the first year of the twin I beam and 8 lug wheels in F 350's. '65-'66 F 350's used the I beam front axle with 6 lug wheels. Also, the '65-'66 F 350 floor pan was the older higher '61-64 F 100-F250 floor pan, it was higher with inner steps. But, if these changes don't bother you, the '65-'66 F 100 cab will adapt to the '67-'72 frame nicely.

Great info! Thanks. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, leafsprings said:

'67 was the first year of the twin I beam and 8 lug wheels in F 350's. '65-'66 F 350's used the I beam front axle with 6 lug wheels. 

The photo of the Moebius F-350 shows eight lug wheels. I wonder if they made the I-beam with leafs or left the twin I-beams with coils?

On 11/14/2021 at 7:51 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Okay!  These are seriously cool!

Hoping they receive their shipment on time. I was just watching the 60 Minutes report on the California ports and it’s one huge log jam!

GMA, Monday replied that they had moved 45 percent of the back log. I wonder how many models are in the port…

• 1 month later...