Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cadillac Eldorado '67 (Jo-Han)

Tommy124

Thanks for your kind words! Your positive feedback makes up for the trouble I have been through with this kit!

On 11/17/2021 at 2:01 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

What a rescue, bravo! 

This design is, IMHO, one of the most elegant 60's icon. Your color combo and finish work pays justice to it.

Your deep dish wheels choice is a bit visually unusual, because the FWD system on that car required high offset wheels, like on the Toronado. Did-you have to narrow the "track" to get them to fit inside the fenders?

Thanks Claude! I'm not too big a custom fan myself, but in this case I am happy with the result and the look. To make this work, I actually had to remove some parts from the drivetrain. So this is not at all an accurate model, from a technical viewpoint. 😉

On 11/17/2021 at 3:39 AM, peteski said:

Very nice model. The A-pillar repair was also done well.  I like the color too.  Too bad the stock wheels weren't usable, but the wheels you chose do look good on this car.

What did you use for the "chrome" foil?

Thanks Peter. I used regular BMF "chrome" although I find its quality a bit inconsistant these days.

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

VERY nice and squeaky clean! Great save on the A pillar.......that's not always an easy fix depending on the model. I have this same kit as a unpainted built-up with box and all, but dang if it's missing a taillight which I can never seem to run across on the 'Bay.

Thanks a lot Bill! Too bad about the taillight, but I am sure you can cast the missing part with the aid of the existing one. It's a pretty simple part after all!

Edited by Tommy124

3 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks for your kind words! Your positive feedback makes up for the trouble I have been through with this kit!

Thanks Claude! I'm not too big a custom fan myself, but in this case I am happy with the result and the look. To make this work, I actually had to remove some parts from the drivetrain. So this is not at all an accurate model, from a technical viewpoint. 😉

Thanks Peter. I used regular BMF "chrome" although I find its quality a bit inconsistant these days.

Thanks a lot Bill! Too bad about the taillight, but I am sure you can cast the missing part with the aid of the existing one. It's a pretty simple part after all!

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for the reply. That is why I was curious. Makes sense.

I built this kit (the 1970 version-mostly similar), but since the Johan platform frame was very "promo-simplified", I swapped the AMT 66 Riv chassis. Same wheelbase and track with. It made fitting deep-dish wheels easier. And created a RWD Eldo at once. 

Bravo again, very nice car!

CT 

• Like 1

Love it!! Great job! The rolling stock looks cool, the color is perfect for this car and as Claude is doing so am I with a Riviera chassis under a '70. I'll be using some of the custom options as they look clean and tasteful in my opinion. My late father bought a new one in 1967 and I'll be using my '67 to build a replica of it as well.