Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2022

dbostream

Found this on another forum, some news from Revell Germany regarding first half of next year: https://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-januar-bis-mai-2022/ (in german)

Only things that caught my eye were:

07712 ’69 Camaro SS 1:25, says new parts for grille, hood and wheels.

07710 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1:8

Edited by dbostream

15 minutes ago, dbostream said:

😲 Great news. Image shown at the link (and below) you provided is of a real T/A with the snowflake style wheels, so hopefully it is the '79 T/A, not the '80 Turbo T/A.

Revell-07710-Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am.j

I've long wondered whatever happened to that one-eighth scale Trans Am -- I haven't seen it around since 1988 !  I hope that it sells well enough to "justify" releasing the 1985 IROC-Z and 1985 Corvette !  I'd like to see the 1/12 scale '69 Zed again , as well as the '67 'Vette and '57 Chevy . 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Exotics_Builder said:

The 69 Camaro SS will have the correct ice cube tray hood never offered before in the the 69. 

If you meant only Revell's, you're right, but it was in the original AMT annual, and the MPC annual and some reissues. 

I too would LOVE to see the '79 Trans AM back! Those go for INSANE prices on the 'Bay! Even busted up ones can go for crazy money. I do hope this time around Revell uses better plastic than the originals. For whatever reason, a lot of those "fracture" like glass particularly the body panels when they get damaged. 🤔

8 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

I too would LOVE to see the '79 Trans AM back! Those go for INSANE prices on the 'Bay! Even busted up ones can go for crazy money. I do hope this time around Revell uses better plastic than the originals. For whatever reason, a lot of those "fracture" like glass particularly the body panels when they get damaged. 🤔

I seem to remember.... that they to make the body shine, as in no paint needed to build it, the fine folks of Monogram fed the molding machines using  a mix of clear and colored pellets, making it more brittle, certainly when aging. 

21 hours ago, dbostream said:

Found this on another forum, some news from Revell Germany regarding first half of next year: https://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-januar-bis-mai-2022/ (in german)

Only things that caught my eye were:

07712 ’69 Camaro SS 1:25, says new parts for grille, hood and wheels.

YES!!!!!!!!! The 1/8 Trans am is coming back!

I have been waiting sooo long for this. I hope it actually happens. I don`t care if it`s the `79 or `80, I plan to buy at least several. And I already have both kits stashed away somewhere. :D Would be really cool if we get a couple color selections for the bird. 

Any thoughts on what prices on this might be?

Pics for reference:

Monogram 1/8 1979 Pontiac Trans Am, 2611

Monogram 1/8 1980 Turbo Trans Am, 2605

58 minutes ago, Hawk312 said:

Would be really cool if we get a couple color selections for the bird. 

Any thoughts on what prices on this might be?

I also hope they do what Round2 did with the '79 T/A, and include three color/decal options.

Has to be at least $100+, but I would guess around $120 or so retail?

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I also hope they do what Round2 did with the '79 T/A, and include three color/decal options.

IIRC , the same scale '85 Corvette and the '85 IROC-Z retailed for $40 - $50 when they were new ( my word... 37 years ago ! ) . I can only imagine that the T.A. will be around a buck-fifty , especially considering the monumental price hikes of recent . 

9 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

I seem to remember.... that they to make the body shine, as in no paint needed to build it, the fine folks of Monogram fed the molding machines using  a mix of clear and colored pellets, making it more brittle, certainly when aging. 

Ahhhh! So that's the culprit! I have a very restorable '80 kit......but it has a fractured fender and thankfully the piece is there to fix it.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Other color option decals would be GREAT! The metallic brown isn't bad, but there are those of us that would like more variety in case we want to paint the body another color and not just polish the plastic. As far as pricing $120 or slightly north of that would still be a terrific bargain compared to what I see these go for on eBay. There's one on there right now, still sealed, and they want $700 for it! 😵

The average I've seen for complete, untouched kits go for anywhere between $300-$400.

,, except that hood was in a Revell kit before, albeit a snap kit. It did fit the glue kits though.

Since the new release is supposed to be an SS, I bet the "new wheels" to be included in the kit will be another set of Magnum 500s.  ,,or in GM nomenclature, the "SS wheel". 

I wonder what engine it wil have ,, probably another big block. It'd be nice to see a non-Z-28 small block though. Wasn't '69 the first year for the "SS 350"?

Boxart '69 Camaro Z/28 RS 85-1954 Revell

• Xingu locked this topic