Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2022

dbostream

Just now, Exotics_Builder said:

My original 68 Z/28 came with that type of exhaust.  So, it may have been model/engine specific.  I'd have to see if I have any references

That is what I was wondering about. My cars were a standard 307 & pg '69 Camaro I bought from the original owner, and it still had the factory exhaust on it. A '77 Camaro LT 350/350 , and a '72 Nova SS 350 & 4-speed both bought new, and they all had just the cross muffler behind the differential.   

One thing I found:

67-68 Z/28s had a "deep-tone" system; no resonators. It was optional with other engines.

For '69 Z/28 and L78 initially had chambered as standard equipment. When it proved to be too noisy Chevy issued a recall notice. Z/28s reverted to the deep-tone system; BBs went back standard dual exhausts. The deep-tone system was still too noisy so another recall was issued to retrofit Z/28s to standard dual exhausts. The second recall adds resonators only to the Z/28; BBs already had them.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool about the E-tron GT...seen a few of those, basically Audi's version of the Taycan.  Too bad they didn't do an RS6 Avant, though..that is my favorite current Audi.  

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first BEV to appear in a 1/24th scale model kit.  Would be nice to see kits of the Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model S, Hummer EV or Rivian R1T also...

Edited by Rob Hall
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Cool about the E-tron GT...seen a few of those

For 2022, they went a little e-crazy. Along with the e-tron (suv) and e-tron Sportback (fastback SUV), they now have a Q4 e-tron and Sportback, e-tron GT, RS e-tron GT, e-tron S and Sportback.

I will probably get at least one each of these three kits when they come out. They are all cool in their own way IMHO. I am especially excited to see what variants the Mustang may spawn over the years.

3 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

The floodgates are open for E-vehicles although they don't fit in my current life reality situation so we may as well go along with it-model kit wise.

That's a refreshing opinion to read. 😊 I'm hoping other EVs will follow from Revell and others.

• Like 2

• Xingu locked this topic