Model Cars Magazine Forum

NextGen NASCAR

bbowser

8 hours ago, Mark said:

This kit was mentioned here a few weeks ago.  Initially Salvino was going to do this year's car, but with the new one coming for next year it only made sense to switch to that one.

No, they were working with Revell to try and get the tooling from them to use for the kits but were not able to, there was a lot of confusion but it sounded like they were going to do both, now they are focusing on the new car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

No, they were working with Revell to try and get the tooling from them to use for the kits but were not able to, there was a lot of confusion but it sounded like they were going to do both, now they are focusing on the new car.

The tooling for NASCAR kits newer than about 1995 is all overseas...no way anyone is going to get it out of China...

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, martinfan5 said:

Looks like a 3D render for sure. I've not seen any full on pics of the new tooling, even though, I ordered one of the rollout kits. I'm hoping its a decent kit.

I'll probably order up one more as well of the newer preorders. 

Hopefully they'll get with Ford and Toyota and get some of them out soon as well. They appear to have the GM's covered.

3 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Looks like a 3D render for sure. I've not seen any full on pics of the new tooling, even though, I ordered one of the rollout kits. I'm hoping its a decent kit.

I'll probably order up one more as well of the newer preorders. 

Hopefully they'll get with Ford and Toyota and get some of them out soon as well. They appear to have the GM's covered.

Agreed, the more I looked at it,  the more I thought it was a render , its a decent render and I will be happy if the kit ends up looking like it, the only main issue I see is the front wheels being way too tucked into the well.

So Jim posted a reply to the announcement video I did and said he expects to be doing the Ford/Toyota's later this year, no contracts yet.

He also said the kit will be molded in 3 different colors, white, black, met gray, ( body being in white) lets hope that goes for the chassis/roll cage too.

Edited by martinfan5

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

Agreed, the more I looked at it,  the more I thought it was a render , its a decent render and I will be happy if the kit ends up looking like it, the only main issue I see is the front wheels being way too tucked into the well.

So Jim posted a reply to the announcement video I did and said he expects to be doing the Ford/Toyota's later this year, no contracts yet.

He also said the kit will be molded in 3 different colors, white, black, met gray, ( body being in white) lets hope that goes for the chassis/roll cage too.

Good news about the Fords/Toyotas, diversity is good.

For the sprue colours, I'm fine with white black and met grey, tho I still wish everyone would just do all kits in white/light grey, so much easier to paint over, but I get it, they have to make it easy for the "new builder's" to be able to build a nice looking kit without a lot of supplies.

I wouldn't be surprised tho if the rollcage/chassis interior bits aren't metallic grey as I think I saw a pic of one of the cars with an aluminum coloured rollcage. 

I would still love to see love to see some test shots of the kit tho. Just to get a feel for how detailed it is. I am really surprised that they haven't released any shots as of yet other than the renders.

40 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

Good news about the Fords/Toyotas, diversity is good.

For the sprue colours, I'm fine with white black and met grey, tho I still wish everyone would just do all kits in white/light grey, so much easier to paint over, but I get it, they have to make it easy for the "new builder's" to be able to build a nice looking kit without a lot of supplies.

I wouldn't be surprised tho if the rollcage/chassis interior bits aren't metallic grey as I think I saw a pic of one of the cars with an aluminum coloured rollcage. 

I would still love to see love to see some test shots of the kit tho. Just to get a feel for how detailed it is. I am really surprised that they haven't released any shots as of yet other than the renders.

I don't mind multi colored parts tress, well they make doing the Unboxing videos a pain by having to change the back drops , but thats a me issue, I agree, they are good for the "weekend" builders .  

I hope they are not on the met grey, the chassis is a light color , per the rule book( I believe that is carrying over to the new car) the main rollcage is painted , its possible the one you seen was still during testing and hadnt been painted, they get delivered to the teams painted the light grey color.

1636635193431.png.2a0d78241b16eb76ac7efdb662bf3153.png

Edited by martinfan5

14 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

I don't mind multi colored parts tress, well they make doing the Unboxing videos a pain by having to change the back drops , but thats a me issue, I agree, they are good for the "weekend" builders .  

I hope they are not on the met grey, the chassis is a light color , per the rule book( I believe that is carrying over to the new car) the main rollcage is painted , its possible the one you seen was still during testing and hadnt been painted, they get delivered to the teams painted the light grey color.

1636635193431.png.2a0d78241b16eb76ac7efdb662bf3153.png

Yeah, definitely painted. I'm sure the one I saw was in silver so likely one of the test mules then.

Either way, still looking forward to the kit. Even though I'm not a NASCAR guy I do like my race cars. So I'll end up building a few I'm sure.

I've got the Roll Out car on order already. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gasman said:

that looks way better then I expected. picking up a few, hopefully they make a Toyota and a Ford as well

It was confirmed  the in video that those shots came from Ford and Toyota are coming later this year, he said it will probably be Toyota next, but it just comes down to which ever licensing they get first.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:50 PM, martinfan5 said:

It was confirmed  the in video that those shots came from Ford and Toyota are coming later this year, he said it will probably be Toyota next, but it just comes down to which ever licensing they get first.

Even said Dodge once that's all ironed out for the return to Nascar. 

9 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Even said Dodge once that's all ironed out for the return to Nascar. 

Umm... Stellantis announced they are cancelling the Charger and Challenger. What will they have for a racer, Maserati?

https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/report-dodge-to-discontinue-charger-and-challenger-by-2024-add-ev-muscle-car/

1 hour ago, THarrison351 said:

Umm... Stellantis announced they are cancelling the Charger and Challenger. What will they have for a racer, Maserati?

https://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/report-dodge-to-discontinue-charger-and-challenger-by-2024-add-ev-muscle-car/

What are they going to sell to the police?  Although I see a lot more SUV police cars today, and not nearly as many Chargers as I used too.  I am hoping to have a few more gas-burners before I have to go electic.

3 hours ago, Chris in Berwyn said:

What are they going to sell to the police?  Although I see a lot more SUV police cars today, and not nearly as many Chargers as I used too.  I am hoping to have a few more gas-burners before I have to go electic.

The Durango has been pursuit rated for a few years now, and has been selling more and more units. Ford dropped the Taurus based Interceptor back in 2018 and now only sells the Explorer and pursuit rated F-150. GM only has the Tahoe available as it's front line pursuit rated vehicle. (Yes there are other things like vans, non-pursuit rated trucks, and other Special Service vehicles but the 3 SUVs, F-150, and Charger are the only ones pursuit rated.)

The Charger is a bit archaic at the moment, or the only sedan option left depending on how you look at it. The whole Charger/Challenger thing has certainly lived a much longer and more productive life span than was intended on that old E-Class Merc chassis design that's for sure.

Edited by niteowl7710

12 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

I have heard Chevy going to stop production on Camaro soon as well. What will all of them use?

3 minutes ago, jjsipes said:

I have heard Chevy going to stop production on Camaro soon as well. What will all of them use?

Will be interesting to see what they use. Ford will still have the Mustang as the 650 platform comes out next year and in 2024 Ford will be offering up the Mustang in GT3 and GT4 spec race cars. 

I fully expect NASCAR will have some electrification within the next 4-5 years, 

The next gen Charger and Challenger are in development, no more V8, will be a twin Turbo V6, and electrified. both got pushed back due to Covid, rumored be based off the alfa Romeo Giulia

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/it-looks-like-stellantis-will-present-its-new-inline-6-at-the-new-york-auto-show/ar-AATMjTn?ocid=BingNewsSearch