Model Cars Magazine Forum

NextGen NASCAR

bbowser

Also, there are 3D printed resin bodies for the Mustang that will be available in the near future. The provider is temporarily not making them due to an impeding addition to the family, but when that's been sorted the bodies will likely come out later this year.

2 hours ago, Merkur XR4Ti said:

Also, there are 3D printed resin bodies for the Mustang that will be available in the near future. The provider is temporarily not making them due to an impeding addition to the family, but when that's been sorted the bodies will likely come out later this year.

Seems like you'd REALLY have to want a Mustang and not be willing to wait. You're in for a body, aftermarket decals and Salvinos just upped their store (and retail MSRP) price to $44.95 last week. Sounds like an easy $100 to not wait what would be a few months into early 2023 for the kits.

5 hours ago, Merkur XR4Ti said:

And a huge part of that is because the molds are inaccessible right now, being in China. Revell Germany did not get the Gen6 molds when they took over the rest of the company. If they had I'm sure Salvino's would have worked to get the molds.

It doesn't make a lot of financial sense to pay for new molds of the Gen 6 when the Gen 7 is now out. If somehow the molds of the Gen 6 resurface and are made available, Salvino's will try to get them.

Right, if in the future they are able to secure the molds they will do more G6 kits, they are not going to spend money on making new molds.   I personally like to see more G6 kits made too, but it is what is right now.

17 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Seems like you'd REALLY have to want a Mustang and not be willing to wait. You're in for a body, aftermarket decals and Salvinos just upped their store (and retail MSRP) price to $44.95 last week. Sounds like an easy $100 to not wait what would be a few months into early 2023 for the kits.

The resin Mustang and 3D printed Mustang bodies really are'nt expensive at all under $50. And having $10 Fusion kits in my stash for a donor is a win in my book.

1 hour ago, Justin Porter said:

Have to hand it to Salvinos. It took no more than an hour and forty five minutes from the point at which I announced the Elliot Camaros had arrived on my shelves for the first one to walk out the door. 

Which Elliott kit ?

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, wrenchr said:

No attempt to try and predict the future here but I would not be surprised to see changes on the cars in 23 and that will be more delays.    

If there are any changes NASCAR provides the data to Salvinos before the teams get it, one of the delays to the Camaro was the fact that NASCAR moved the exhaust between when the rollout car was debuted and the car was actually raced. 

Edited by niteowl7710

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So at this point it's now official, Salvinos JR has acquired the full licensing for both Toyota and Ford.  The Ford license will eventually open the door to the "historic" Monogram tooling they have.  They're now waiting for the CAD Data on both Next Gen cars, and they could possibly have one or both ready to go as we go into 2023 as the chassis carries over on both, so it's just new bodies and air intakes.

With the Next Gen Manufacturers, SJR also has licenses signed with Joe Gibbs Racing (for Toyota) and Penske (which also includes Wood Bros) for the Mustang.  First Mustang out will be Austin Cindric's 2022 Daytona Winner.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Not a NASCAR fan at all, but just ordered this - congrats to Joey Logano and the Ford Performance Team, and also to Salvinos for proving a business model no one thought would work does indeed create a viable enterprise and a very cool series of products that are filling an otherwise unaddressed model car kit market segment.  Bravo!   TIM   

• Like 2