Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Chevy Apache interior

The stock trucks I recall usually had a flat to semi flat light gold color interior. Depending on the type of grapes used it could be called champagne. Most of the inner doors were exposed metal and painted slightly lighter shade than the dash. A small removeable panel on the inner doors that the door handle and window cranks are mounted on were often a lighter almost beige color. The seats had a vinyl material around the outer edge with a cloth insert with a darker color being the primary color. The optional Custom Cab option was for the most part additional chrome trim on the exterior of the cab. While there may have been some additional interior upgrades offered I think the best source of information would be any sales materials that may be found on line. 

10 hours ago, ranma said:

Some apache pickups had a gray color interior. 

Thanks Rick..

8 hours ago, Plowboy said:

The majority of them (if not all) had a champagne colored interior. The seat was usually black.

Thank you Roger..

7 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Fawn is the color which is the champagne color. 

Thank you Jason..

6 hours ago, espo said:

The stock trucks I recall usually had a flat to semi flat light gold color interior. Depending on the type of grapes used it could be called champagne. Most of the inner doors were exposed metal and painted slightly lighter shade than the dash. A small removeable panel on the inner doors that the door handle and window cranks are mounted on were often a lighter almost beige color. The seats had a vinyl material around the outer edge with a cloth insert with a darker color being the primary color. The optional Custom Cab option was for the most part additional chrome trim on the exterior of the cab. While there may have been some additional interior upgrades offered I think the best source of information would be any sales materials that may be found on line. 

Thanks David, I have one of mine I am rebuilding and I think I will strip the chrome and paint it white. Not sure yet..

16 hours ago, slusher said:

Thanks Rick..

Thank you Roger..

Thank you Jason..

Thanks David, I have one of mine I am rebuilding and I think I will strip the chrome and paint it white. Not sure yet..

That should look good. As I recall the standard grill and bumper were white and the chrome bumper and grill were an extra cost extra. Most work trucks were built in the base trim.