Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 53 Ford Pickup Custom

Finally this one is completed.   There is a wip in progress that details this build under the same name, details my work.  Not much hasn't been modified.    I'm calling it a traditional custom.   

Axles were swapped to top of the springs to lower the ride.  Chassis was modified too.  

Cab was sectioned 6mm.   

Hood sectooned 4mm

Bed sectioned 4mm and was shortened and i believe the 57 chevy fenders used from the kit.  Wood is fake wood,  well a hardware store found covering for furniture but seemed to work here.   Like bare metal foil but wood.

Chop top was 2mm but then i cut it again between the drip rail and and the roof another 2mm, so top came down by about 4mm.   Created my own windshield frame but rear window was left stock height.   

Grill is parts from 48 ford custom grill and kit lights.   Kit rear light.    

Interior is custum with my own door cards made up.  Dash is 56 Victoria.   Custom steering wheel from kit.

Couple picks comparing to my foose kit which i sectioned also.   Other pick is a hood from a 50 ford pickup im building.    

Tooke too long to complete but realky happy with it.  Thanks for looking.   Comments welcome

rCCdXMA.jpeg

hVlH6n4.jpeg

cYf3s39.jpeg

yvMwucu.jpeg

0utBAf0.jpeg

foxcoAl.jpeg

uHECZP2.jpeg

0Ds5nUA.jpeg

That looks really nice Peter.  That color looks really deep.  All the mods look fantastic.  Job well done.  What was the name of the "covering for furniture" that you used in the bed?    I'd like to try some of that on my next truck project.

Edited by Zippi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...