Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1934 Slammer Modified*

Zippi

Got a little work done on the floor pan and the roll cage.  The roll cage leaves a little bit to be desired.  It hits everywhere and the seat doesn't fit.  I got it in but it doesn't set square to the firewall.  Looks kinda bad through my eyes.     

20211205_105242.jpg

20211205_105303.jpg

20211205_105334.jpg

20211205_105345.jpg

4 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Looks fine to me Buddy.  Glad you went with the black headers too.👌

Thanks ol buddy.  Just have some touch up to do here and there and I'm getting close to the finish.  

3 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Cool, pretty close to time to hit the track!!!!!

Yeah....pretty close.  I may have to get another one of these modified Slammers.  I think there is like 4 in the series.  

I'm calling this one done fella's.  I just need to apply the decals which aren't many and it's done.  Finished pics will be posted soon and you boys and girls know where to find them.  I just want to thank everyone who has followed along on this build and posted comments.  This means a lot to not only me but any modeler.  Kinda makes a fella feel good about what he or she has accomplished.  

• 2 months later...

Bob, this is looking really good. I also like the black headers. You might want to try a Pro Tech distributor kit next time. They have good detail. A black wash on the radiator really helps, also on the engine and in the wheels around the lug nuts. Just a slight wash. I've found a mock up of parts before anything is painted will show you any problems with fit and can be dealt with before glue and paint. I use Ailene's glue, it's a white glue that comes off easily. A tip given to me by John Teresi. I am working on the AMT 37 Chevy modified. Looking forward to more of your updates.

Dave

12 minutes ago, GoatGuy said:

Bob, this is looking really good. I also like the black headers. You might want to try a Pro Tech distributor kit next time. They have good detail. A black wash on the radiator really helps, also on the engine and in the wheels around the lug nuts. Just a slight wash. I've found a mock up of parts before anything is painted will show you any problems with fit and can be dealt with before glue and paint. I use Ailene's glue, it's a white glue that comes off easily. A tip given to me by John Teresi. I am working on the AMT 37 Chevy modified. Looking forward to more of your updates.

Dave

Thanks for all the info Dave.  This one has been completed.  

*1934 Slammer Modified* - NASCAR - Model Cars Magazine Forum