Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wanted 68 GTO

Jesse in Laramie

There's a few complete kits on eBay right now, but they start above $50 and go up from there. 

There's also a set of '68 parts on there: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334234828995?hash=item4dd1f2c0c3:g:-pIAAOSwWx5houQm

I have a glue bomb Mono '68 I picked up as a possible project, but don't really need it as I've already done another one. I'd be willing to let it go as I'll probably never get around to it. But I'm keeping the wheels/tires as I need them for something else. Might be able to find a set of usable stock Rally IIs, though.  Email me if you're interested: SnakeACP45 @ aol dot com

68GTOGBPurple03.jpg.372c4ea6e3dc520430a0b6bf7b0d88c9.jpg

68GTOGBPurple05.jpg.37ced5d0d758804b97e11f44d37188f4.jpg

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

There's a few complete kits on eBay right now, but they start above $50 and go up from there. 

There's also a set of '68 parts on there: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334234828995?hash=item4dd1f2c0c3:g:-pIAAOSwWx5houQm

I have a glue bomb Mono '68 I picked up as a possible project, but don't really need it as I've already done another one. I'd be willing to let it go as I'll probably never get around to it. But I'm keeping the wheels/tires as I need them for something else. Might be able to find a set of usable stock Rally IIs, though.  Email me if you're interested: SnakeACP45 @ aol dot com

68GTOGBPurple03.jpg.372c4ea6e3dc520430a0b6bf7b0d88c9.jpg

68GTOGBPurple05.jpg.37ced5d0d758804b97e11f44d37188f4.jpg

Snake, that is a bit of a mashup.  I almost suspect the body is the 69 version as it doesn't have the windwings on the door glass.  The front and rear bumpers are correct(the turn signals on the 69 were different.  The Judge decals are definitely 69.   I suppose who ever build it, tried to convert the 68 kit to a 69 judge? 

8 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Snake, that is a bit of a mashup.  I almost suspect the body is the 69 version as it doesn't have the windwings on the door glass.  The front and rear bumpers are correct(the turn signals on the 69 were different.  The Judge decals are definitely 69.   I suppose who ever build it, tried to convert the 68 kit to a 69 judge? 

AFAIK all bodies were the '69 version. You're right, it's missing the vent windows (unless I stuffed them in the interior) which were just handled as separate clear pieces. Don't think the intention was a '69 Judge, just a "day two" mashup the way the OB wanted it. 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:42 AM, Snake45 said:

AFAIK all bodies were the '69 version. You're right, it's missing the vent windows (unless I stuffed them in the interior) which were just handled as separate clear pieces. Don't think the intention was a '69 Judge, just a "day two" mashup the way the OB wanted it. 

You're right!  I opened up my 68 and sure enough the wind wings are an additional clear part.  The front clip is different from the 69 in that the marker lights/turn signals are different.   I build 3 of the 69 judges including one I modified to make a convertible(boy was that a ton of work).  I made the mistake of painting it white and the orange dye in the plastic bleed through.  Thanks for keeping me honest!

Brief update...I bought the parts set on Ebay. Alas, it is not complete...

I am trying to work up a trade on a complete kit, but I actually got married on Friday, and have not had time to dig through the storage to come up with trade bait...I will though...

Thanks to every one that has responded!!

Jesse in Laramie