Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Nomad project

Mike C.

Thanks! I'm obsessed with the vintage Torq Thrusts. Thinking of a gasser look. The leaf spring axel is from a 1/18 '55 3100. Lets see if it will fit. At first I was considering 4x4 with those giant tires but I couldn't find a cheap 1/18 truck on ebay and in no way do I have the skills to scratch build something like that. Gasser it is.

3 hours ago, Painted Black said:

I tried some 1/18 scale wheels and tires on my 1/16 55 Chevy, they look too small!!

that would have been my concern also, however, there are many good options for 1/16 scale wheels on ebay and I think fireball may have a few..., and there is also the option or some 3d printed wheels and tires.

• Like 2

Nice, I can agree with one post above.. i have 2 1/16 kits and 1/18 parts looks way to small. Tried with allot of 1/18 wheels and tires but all are to small. But i used some 1/18 "18 wheels in a 1/16 "16 tire and that looked ok. I guess the petty charger is a source for parts as well as 3D printing.

1 hour ago, Mattilacken said:

Nice, I can agree with one post above.. i have 2 1/16 kits and 1/18 parts looks way to small. Tried with allot of 1/18 wheels and tires but all are to small. But i used some 1/18 "18 wheels in a 1/16 "16 tire and that looked ok. I guess the petty charger is a source for parts as well as 3D printing.

You being the2nd person to say that has made me think that I may shelf this project before it gets off the ground. I'll have plenty of time to weigh my options while I work on my 10 other projects.

Here you se a 1/18 “18 wheel with a fat tire made for the rear of a Mercedes CLK GTR ina 1/16 trans am.

0EF7F1CF-508C-43E7-9015-6B1603EE4440.thumb.jpeg.5a072cf4f6880c06c8604d950f965010.jpeg

can’t remember which of the 1/16 tre fives that comes with some extra goodies for making it custom. Some one can probably give you pointers on that.

There is also the Revell stepside pickup, called Baja which is 1/16 if you would like to make it a 4x4

Edited by Mattilacken

6 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Here you se a 1/18 “18 wheel with a fat tire made for the rear of a Mercedes CLK GTR ina 1/16 trans am.

0EF7F1CF-508C-43E7-9015-6B1603EE4440.thumb.jpeg.5a072cf4f6880c06c8604d950f965010.jpeg

can’t remember which of the 1/16 tre fives that comes with some extra goodies for making it custom. Some one can probably give you pointers on that.

There is also the Revell stepside pickup, called Baja which is 1/16 if you would like to make it a 4x4

I've been watching one on ebay that's already up near 130. 00 with a full day left. Already out of my price range. I built that one as a kid also.

Edited by Mike C.