Model Cars Magazine Forum

It doesn't have to be shiny.....

4 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Congratulations.  How was that show?

Hey Jim- The show went well. I though we'd see you there. About 175 models on display. Pat and David helped with the judging. Kit Karson drove down in his '34 pickup so we actually participated in the 1:1 portion of the show. Smaller turnout overall as expected, not many vendors in the building which gave the model car show plenty of room to stretch out in. Tim K was absent as well. -RRR

On 12/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, crazyjim said:

We had our annual FAST picnic scheduled for the day.  Happy to hear it went well but I wish NSRA would pick a date and stick with it for several years.

Show date change due to pandemic was inevitable, I suppose. The weather this time of year is certainly better than April for outdoor activities including a car show. I hope they keep this time of year, sure was most comfortable. There were a surprising number of vehicles from up North in attendance.  -RRR

Congrats! I've never been to the NSRA show in Tampa even though I've lived within 20 miles of it. Now that I know they have a model contest will give me a reason to go!

Seems like most of the car shows around here are more like used car lots with all the modern stuff that shows up. Turkey Rod Run has gotten really bad about that. Maybe that's why they changed the name to Turkey Run.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, RSchnell said:

Congrats! I've never been to the NSRA show in Tampa even though I've lived within 20 miles of it. Now that I know they have a model contest will give me a reason to go!

Seems like most of the car shows around here are more like used car lots with all the modern stuff that shows up. Turkey Rod Run has gotten really bad about that. Maybe that's why they changed the name to Turkey Run.

The NSRA is allowing cars that are 30 years and older and modified into their shows now. Until 2010 a car had to be pre 1949 vintage. I don't really mind it. There were some stunning modified  '60s muscle cars in attendance. I hope to see you at the model contest at the next show. -RRR

• 2 weeks later...