Model Cars Magazine Forum

1997 Freightliner FLD SD Heavy Duty Tractor COMPLETED

• 2 weeks later...

2/4/09

Guy's...

Well...Here it is 96% complete. Need to button "her" up. Air breathers/Exhaust Stacks..mirrors...a "little" under the hood...

After this build..I am seriously considering another hobby..too much torment. It always seems to fight me at the finish..and thanks to another "fellow" modeler, he "jinxed" me on the paint..What you see is what you get.....cab is a little shade off...

You guys are really turning out some really nice builds...KEEP IT UP.

Time to turn in...Good night, Kurt

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

Sorry the pictures are dark.....

Overall.....EXCELLENT! The build looks great. The look with the chain binders on the headache rack are a very nice detail. :D

I don't know how much recourse you have with the trailer hoses but they appear slightly large for the scale. Otherwise, they look great.

I really like the look of the fuel tanks and the tires they are nice points which work perfectly for the great looks of this build. :o

2-7-09

Dave....

The hinges are indeed from the Model Car Garage (photo-etched) I did modify them..the directions were not so good. Pain in the but to align the doors...BUT they work..and eveything is even.

The build is coming along...the hood..I couldn't live with it..Once out in natural sunlight..it didn't match the cab..too far darker..so back to the paint booth.tomorrow..not a big set-back. Just another pain in the but..my mistake..I'll learn...

Here are 2 pictures of the metal aluminum stacks..photo-eched muffler shields...Kurt

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

2-15-09

DONE!!

I did redo the hood..paint matched up much better the second time around. Hood does open to reveal the DD Series 60 engine..completely plumbed and decal(s)...Kurt

When the weather breaks hope to get some outdoor shots...

Also if you notice or see some of the other details: Boot brush, and the EZ-PASS transponder on the dash board.

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01379.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Kurt,

This has to be your best build to date. I like the detailing, the paint, everything. A truly great build. All it needs now is a Rogers Low Boy with a Caterpillar D8. You need to get some photo's outside this would look real in the right conditions.

Great Work!

Best Wishes

Dave

• 4 years later...