Model Cars Magazine Forum

The 2022 Cannonball Run Year of Birth Build Thread

disconovaman

I've had these Scale Motorsport upholstery decals for a few years and decided to try them out. I painted the flat panels gloss first so the decals will stick.

IntWithScaleProSheet.jpeg.5721ed219f3208dde08907383f762912.jpeg

SeatsDecaled.jpeg.7d8db32abb184b298f7086bb9f2d9c47.jpeg

Man, I don't know Anthony, maybe you know something I don't because if this doesn't look even more Town-'n'-Country then I don't know what. Maybe I need to just throw in a tent and a dog, head for the mountains and let you speed freaks duke it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lunajammer said:

Man, I don't know Anthony, maybe you know something I don't because if this doesn't look even more Town-'n'-Country then I don't know what.

That does look Town-n-Country! It's funny how a build will lead you in the direction it wants to go... Is it too late for a 4X4 conversion? Now I'm seeing some fireball slots and Thornbirds on there with a pushbar foglights and a Roll bar in the bed!

3 hours ago, Beans said:

So many people with paint on bodies already!!  That is always the scariest part for me so I put it off.  

Started a WIP on my build.

So far I have the rear suspension done and most of the interior.  

PXL_20220117_060505748.jpg

PXL_20220121_215339824 (2).jpg

I agree about the paint. With the current weather at my house (snow) I will not be doing a lot of painting for a while. 

I'm pretty jazzed to get some door panel details today from Art Laski over at Scale Pro Shop. You can see the obvious problem with the dated interior bucket of the '61 Ranchero. I'm guessing the lack of hard edge, protruding door detail has more do with the state of molding in the early 60s than it does about anything else. Regardless, I'll build these old dinosaurs any day.

IntDetailMasterHandles.jpeg.8894b245814d9bec6cf86a077fe5384a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I have been thinking about jumping in. Are the cars to be built stock?

You can do anything you want with it as long as it's from your birth year. The fewer restrictions the better for something like this.

• Like 1