Model Cars Magazine Forum

"SKWIRLY 2"- 'Weird Ohs' style VW pickup funny?

CB

pixel.gifWell gents......got to spend a li'l more time at the bench

with the SKWIRLY dude.....Capndoingsomeexhaustingwork-vi.jpgBeen wanting to squirt some paint on dat 4banger,

but weren't sure if'n it weres ready fer dat, or if'n

we had us some more 'machinen' to do. Being just

'bout exhausted----Dat's IT! mill out them exhausty

ports and we be ready fer squuirts! :P pixel.gifuhoh_-vi.jpgUh oh........momentsary lapse into.....something :angry: :ph34r: :unsure: pixel.gifexhaustportsmachined-vi.jpgOK, we's back, and looky there! :blink: Them li'l port drillin' elves

has got 'er done! T'anks fellers! ^_^ pixel.gifgettinthe4bangerreadytosquirt-vi.jpgNow to figure out hows to hold this here 4banger

while squirttin' it, put some coffeee stirrers over

them mounting bolts to keeps the squirts off'n the

threads coz I don't wanna be tryin' to run a tap on

'em to cleans 'em off.pixel.gif4bangerfused-vi.jpgAnd... TA DA! the 4banger is now 'fused'

(not as much as me tho, I dare say). Yeps, I been

havin' this here can of so called 'satin' blue which I

thought were gonna be mucho much flatter than this

but, whatever..... Did a goodly 'mount of squirtin on

the banger, tryin' to get the blue in all the cooks &

nrannys, and wound up with some runs, which were

coool coz I wanted to be dabbin' in the wet stuff to try

and give it dat rough cast iron look. When I were kindly

satisfried, and when the paint weres dryin' to th' point

that 'twouldn't takes no more dabbin, I gave a little more

dustin' of the blues to try and cover up the thin spots.

I's hopin' ya'll be seein' pics here, coz I been havin' a

truly turrible time with me fotki not letting me 'share photos'

with all ya'lls. But I just got done prayin' and God tole me

to go 'head & copy dem bad boys off'n my fotki and paste 'em

here in SKWIRLY's place, so.......... :lol:

well sirs, now we gots paint on the banger, we's gotta puts someting in the banger, so........

pixel.gifSKWIRLYstankwithfillercap-vi.jpg

fabbed up a go-juice tank outa some hamburg box,

stuck a chunka styrene tube down into it, and jest

fer pics, set the 'cap' on it

pixel.gifSKWIRLYsquished-vi.jpgJust fer kicks, I done squished the SKWLIRLY dude, just a bit <ahttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png' alt=':lol:'> pixel.gifSKWIRLYposing-vi.jpgGived 'im some time out in the sunshines, and he like.pixel.gifSKWILRYgoinaway-vi.jpg :lol: He be tryin' to leave.......dumb SKWARL, just where

you think you gonna be goin?

Don-chew'all worrys none, I'll catches up to him and be

backs wit some more purty colors on dat blue banger :P

Man! talk about bein out dere in left fields! Haint bad 'nuff, me & SKWILRLY doin our thing, but now me Fotki wants ta get in the act! I never knows if'n the 'share photo' is gonna work when I tries to post up pix here, but I have been able to select the pic, copy it, and then just paste it in here. Only thiing is, I has no idea whatsoever how all dat craziness gonna show up here til I hits the 'add reply' box.

We's gettin some real humdingers :lol: !

I's complained and asked Fotki what's going on, and they say they's havin' problems with the 'share photo' button. So........we shall see :lol:

Glad ta see ya back CB!

A day with out CB is like ... well... a day with out CB! We missed ya big guy!

Even Skwirly looks like he's glad to be back in the limelight. 'Specially with that big honkin blown

boxer motorvation pushin em!

Won't be long 'fore he's gonna be lookin for a pass down the 1320!

Well, after tryin' to impress me girlfriend by runnin' a 5k in 33 minutes,

and then not bein' ables to walk fer over a week now B) , only thing left

ta do is sit at da bench workin on parts fer the SKWILRLY dude.

valvecoverscutout-vi.jpg

Finally got the valve covers cut out coz all the other 4banger parts be waitin

fer them so's they can all be painted, but before dat.........

startofpluggrommet-vi.jpg

......just gotta fab up and 'stall some grommets fer SKWIRLS sparkem up plug wires.

Here be the start of one--- purties much just rounding off'n the end of a 1/8" tuber.

2grommetsgluedtocover-vi.jpg

Then we does a slice & dice, drip a dab of goo on, and slide the 'grommet' inta place.

Hopefuellie jpegs of engine parts in paint next up ;)

I think you otter not try to impress them gurls and stick wit whacha do best !

I hears ya Randy, but where the hay--ell was ya last Saturday when Debbie was in her runnin' tights :blink: and lookin' sooooo fine? HUH???? :D

Anywohs, back to gettin' the ol' SKWILRLY dude up 'n running --- :blink:UP 'N RUNNING???!! :blink: Good Lord! dats the name of the running shoe store we patronizess..........I's sunk, saves me SKWILLRYS!!

I gotsa get some pix up here :) mebbe dat will help

partsfordistrubutorcap-vi.jpg

OK........mucho better.........ah, let's see, what we gots here? oh, yeah, we

wents suffin' on das Inkernetr whiles back lookin at some pix of 1:1 racy VW

engines, plannin' on runnin' wit a magneato thang, but seen us some really cool

distriburtors with coilies :D and we likes, so's while I weres icing me legs I started

fabbin' up a distributor cap fer the 4banger. Lucks fer us dat me founded this

here hunka palstic from under a diecaster VW, so's we's keepin' it kinda in da famly.

capsettingup-vi.jpg

Here we see's them indievideouall plugem up wire things all gooed up into the

cap proper, all properly likes. Gooeys looked so goodly we 'cided to just drip

it all overs the outsides of the cap, fer mo' insulation & that, ya know, coz

(pardons please-- gotsa take me pill)..........uh..........OH Yeah! needs us

lots of insulation so's we don't be gettin no arcing from all the electricities dat

ol' SKWILRLY's BIG generamator gonnna be generammating.

teenyweenies-vi.jpg

Moved us on over to t'other sides of the bencch so's I could hopefulley finally

gets dem valvem covers buttoned up fer paint. Whacked us out some 'bolt' heads

outa a steering link out the parts box, made 'em gooey and stuck 'em.....

oversboltedtoillustrationboard-vi.jpg

......unfortunatelsy, wound up stucking 'em to some illustrations boaard.......

:huh:it never ends

:blink:

differnt colors next times---I promises! ;)

Lookin' fer thee V-Dub.... Where's ya at Cap'n? Ya ain't runnin' around sum mor are ya? :D

Looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

Glad ta know dat a SKY WARN guy am keepin' his eyes peeled fer SKWIRLS :D:D:blink::blink:

:lol: nopes, I done learnt me lesson bout dat tryin' to impress a lady 9 years younger than me :blink:

She being goodly to me tho, she be smilin' when she says "I told ya so!" :blink:

been busy with other builds, but just bout ready to be squirtin da SKWIRLS engine parts, so stay tunes

Finally started givin' the SKWIRLYS the squirts--- :mellow: started with some gray primers

SKWIRLYsbiggenemerator-vi.jpg

then did the orange fer the bolt ons, like his big genremator here. Dats some paper towel all stuffed in the case to keep the squirts off'n the brushes.

SKWIRLYscamshaftpulleys-vi.jpg

Here's his big ol' lower pulley

SKWIRLYsblowergettinsquirts-vi.jpg

and here's the blower in the mist of the gray primer B) Flopped the parts after got 'em orange on the bottoms, and then sprayed 'em all orange on tops.

mo' pix when paint is dry :mellow:

hey fellers, big thanks fer all the goodly words & supports. 'tween tryins ta keeps the SKWIRLS happys and tryiins ta postem up progresso pics I's just about totalllys gonzos.

Hopefuellies yinz's can be gawkin' at these here pix. Almost gettin to da point wherer it'd be easier & quicker to print em up & mail ems to all ya'lls :);)

resting-vi.jpg

Here's where we's at at (?) the moments

Finallys got SWKIRSLYS engine parts oranged up, got me a big cup o'

superduper goo fer dippin', provided us plenties of adequack ventimilations

and started buildin' up the 4banger

intheshop-vi.jpg

Yessirs! NOW she finally be lookin more like a 4banger (on a hanger :lol: )

patchedupvalvecover-vi.jpg

Had ta patch up a hole the SKWILRLS put in his valve cover coz he been gittin

purty anxious latelys

outbackview-vi.jpg

Here'm the outback looksee. Don't be knowin' if'n gonna leave them bolts

brassy or ifn' to paints 'em silvers.

upclosebolted-vi.jpg

Lookin' forwards to fabbin' some headers fer the ol' SKWILRLS 4banger

looseelephant-vi.jpg

Let ol' SLKWIRLY go out fer a little ride, & looky where he goes. Showin' his

stuffs to him bud McJumbo ;)

As fer gettin' this here build 'finished'...........at times methinks ol' SKWILRLY gonna

finish me off, befores I can be finishin' him :D

I keeps tryins to postem up a page, and I keeps gettin' the "Sorries" .........oh well, if'n yinz's all are seein' this here, I finallys had some prayers answered---or yinz're seeing things :blink:

That has such character! (no, I'm NOT saying which one!) I for one will really miss this when it's done. :)

As far as you're problems with Foki. maybe it's time for Photobucket. I have images parked on at least 4 or 5 of these sites and find Photobucket is really setup for using them as links from other places. Everything's already set up for every image and it's just a copy and paste.

That has such character! (no, I'm NOT saying which one!) I for one will really miss this when it's done. :o

As far as you're problems with Foki. maybe it's time for Photobucket. I have images parked on at least 4 or 5 of these sites and find Photobucket is really setup for using them as links from other places. Everything's already set up for every image and it's just a copy and paste.

Thanks Mike. I'd offer to send ya the SKWIRLS when it's finished, the way I's gettin' freaked so much the time with him :lol: , but he'd probly get real ornery and things'd just get mucho more worsers!!

Thanks fer the advices on the photo hosties. I's got a purty well worn out computer at home what's still on dial up. Mebbe one day I'll upgrade to cable & whatevers. That seems to be biggest part of the problem. No problemo with me Fotki on the public comps at the library, excepting the fact that the 'right clickers' are disabled on them. Never did learn how to just be able to 'reach out' of this here page into the Fotki, to copy the urls, etc. I put links to my Fotki pages into my email, put that email into my flashdrive, plug the flashdrive into the library comp, and get MCM and Fotki open at the same time. Only problem, when I go to the Fotki, copy the 'share photo' url, then click on the 'insert image' in this window, I can't paste coz the right clicker (at the library) be disabled. Can't go to 'Edit' at top of the page coz the 'insert image' box wants fed sumthin'. Like I sayd, I prays, and God provides. We gets the pix in here one ways or anothers. Yep, maybe one these days........ :lol:

Thanks fer the advices on the photo hosties. I's got a purty well worn out computer at home what's still on dial up. Mebbe one day I'll upgrade to cable & whatevers. That seems to be biggest part of the problem. No problemo with me Fotki on the public comps at the library, excepting the fact that the 'right clickers' are disabled on them. Never did learn how to just be able to 'reach out' of this here page into the Fotki, to copy the urls, etc. I put links to my Fotki pages into my email, put that email into my flashdrive, plug the flashdrive into the library comp, and get MCM and Fotki open at the same time. Only problem, when I go to the Fotki, copy the 'share photo' url, then click on the 'insert image' in this window, I can't paste coz the right clicker (at the library) be disabled. Can't go to 'Edit' at top of the page coz the 'insert image' box wants fed sumthin'. Like I sayd, I prays, and God provides. We gets the pix in here one ways or anothers. Yep, maybe one these days........ :lol:

Well, I'm impressed you use the right-click menus. Some people never learn that. The trick to NOT have to use right-click, or if you can't, is highlight the text to copy and ctrl-C to copy. Then use ctrl-V to paste it where ya wants.

I'm surprised a library would disable a right button. Can't imagine what they are trying to prevent.