Model Cars Magazine Forum

10 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

May be easiest to just postthe link. No ROPS, but otherwise captures the idea. I had to use the F2674 as the 4070A had not been reisssued yet. 

Great looking builds. Thanks for sending the link. 

Cant wait to see that autocar garbage truck come together,  I've had one planned awhile . 

There's been some interest in a host , surprised no one has jumped in. Start an official topic , make up a few loose rules to keep it organized,   start / end date ( dec 31st is very popular) and have fun ! 

19 minutes ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Looking to maybe do her like this picture. Obviously dechroming the parts as she is a work truck. Will do the frame in semi gloss Black. Undecided on decals.

D927BBD3-9743-4847-A957-ED850C35445E.jpeg

Jerry I was looking forward to the Chrome Spokes and the fifth wheel lol. 

22 minutes ago, Pete68 said:

Jerry I was looking forward to the Chrome Spokes and the fifth wheel lol. 

Sorry to disappoint. Lol. I think I am going to try contrasting paint on cab parts. I had a DM800 I got as a Christmas gift in 1977. I did some parts in Red and brush painted some parts in gloss black. Thinking maybe I do the air cleaner in gloss or semi gloss black rattle can.

1 minute ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Sorry to disappoint. Lol. I think I am going to try contrasting paint on cab parts. I had a DM800 I got as a Christmas gift in 1977. I did some parts in Red and brush painted some parts in gloss black. Thinking maybe I do the air cleaner in gloss or semi gloss black rattle can.

I think that’s how we all did it back in the day “ Brush Painting”. I’m thinking about a DM800 for the BRBO last time I built one was back in 1987. I still have some parts from it but that’s all 

3 hours ago, Pete68 said:

I think that’s how we all did it back in the day “ Brush Painting”. I’m thinking about a DM800 for the BRBO last time I built one was back in 1987. I still have some parts from it but that’s all 

Just noticed the small vent window pillar on the drivers side is slightly damaged. Will have to glue it from the inside. Hopefully that will do the trick. It’s always the small things that bug me. Oh well it can never be easy.

• Xingu locked this topic