Model Cars Magazine Forum

Butch Leal 1965 Belvedere

bogger44

Another one fresh off the bench.  Would have been sooner but I had paint issues and had to strip and repaint it.  Model Master Hugger Orange over a white base.  Cragars were sourced from an AMT 68 Camaro.  Interior is Tamiya TS-87 Titanium Gold, with a parts box tach, as well as a block off plate for the radio.  This kit was a pretty smooth going build with no real issues, other than the trunk lid & taillight panel decals giving grief but did my best with them.

2v2aDwHMMxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwaRoxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwa1MxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwagjxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwep2xAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwen2xAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwe72xAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwe8yxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aDwZUzxAKN8F.jpg

• Like 1

Very impressive build Tony! You particularly did a great job on the super big white decals that Moebius provided with this kit, not easy to apply everything so well aligned and bubble-free as you’ve done here. If I assume you first sprayed the entire body with the red first, it’s amazing how well these decals covered the red. 
I noticed this kit is getting harder to find, if anyone wants to build this excellent ‘65 A990 S/S kit, best to grab one soon before they all disappear and/or become crazy $$$.

Thanks guys!  This is a really nice kit to build.  I have another one to build with a set of Grumpy's Black Arrow decals.

On 12/12/2021 at 5:59 PM, papajohn97 said:

Very impressive build Tony! You particularly did a great job on the super big white decals that Moebius provided with this kit, not easy to apply everything so well aligned and bubble-free as you’ve done here. If I assume you first sprayed the entire body with the red first, it’s amazing how well these decals covered the red. 
I noticed this kit is getting harder to find, if anyone wants to build this excellent ‘65 A990 S/S kit, best to grab one soon before they all disappear and/or become crazy $$$.

Thanks, and you are correct John, I did spray the whole body Hugger Orange.  Luckily those decals are pretty opaque.  A few of the decals were a challenge for sure.  I was a little worried about the huge side decals but they cooperated really well.

17 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Very well executed. That exhaust system is crazy. Headers without 4 into 1 collector,  a single pipe, then a muffler to warm up the gas tank. That is some weird engineering. Nice job though.

7 hours ago, Painted Black said:

Beautiful build, does make one wonder what they were smoking when it came to header design!!

I totally agree hahaha.  Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...