Model Cars Magazine Forum

21 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

It would be nice if this magazine was obtainable off the shelf in the UK from WHSmith, the UK equivalent of your Barnes and good I think.

I can get FSM regularly there and Scale Auto until it was axed.

There are a large number of flaming hoops to traverse in getting in there. We do have digital subscriptions available now. Check the subscription page for more info. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

Issue 211 has been mailed. 

May be an image of car and text that says 'Model Cars #211 ISSUE www.modelcarsmag.com Scale cale BUILDING AN UNREAL REISSUE SURVIVORS! COLLECTING. RESTORING CLONING +SOUTH CAROLINA DOUBLE FEATURE +SOCAL OPEN KIT REVIEWS AND MUCH MORE! $7.95US 255591'

We think you'll like it. 

Hi Dave, first, thank you very much for everything you and your team do on this forum. I’m ecstatic that 211 is already on its way, however I still haven’t seen 210, and I’m certain that my subscription is up to date… Keep up the great work and thanks again for all you do.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Dave, first, thank you very much for everything you and your team do on this forum. I’m ecstatic that 211 is already on its way, however I still haven’t seen 210, and I’m certain that my subscription is up to date… Keep up the great work and thanks again for all you do.

Cheers, Steve

Between the US Postal Service, and Canada Post, the situation is a real mess, and unfortunately beyond our control. One of our readers just got their issue of 210 last week. We're working on better distribution for Canada, and hope to have something in place soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Between the US Postal Service, and Canada Post, the situation is a real mess, and unfortunately beyond our control. One of our readers just got their issue of 210 last week. We're working on better distribution for Canada, and hope to have something in place soon. 

Yes, still waiting for 210 here. Hoping it’s not a repeat of #209. As I said elsewhere, I get the impression that our respective postal services forget that a magazine is a bought and paid for item that is just as important to the purchaser as a box from eBay or Amazon or whoever. They seem to treat magazines like they are flyers from KMart or Michaels or something.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve H said:

Cheers, Steve

For everyone that has not received an issue of the magazine, you need to contact the magazine staff. The best way to do that is by using the Contact Us function on the main landing page of the website. That will email all the appropriate people.

https://www.modelcarsmag.com/

• Like 1

Once everyone is caught up to date on their subscriptions and have been able to assess the specific missing issues; and thanks to the staff, back issues are rapidly disappearing!  As for the staff behind the scenes, kudos on all of your individual efforts in rebooting MCM!! -KK

4 hours ago, Xingu said:

For everyone that has not received an issue of the magazine, you need to contact the magazine staff. The best way to do that is by using the Contact Us function on the main landing page of the website. That will email all the appropriate people.

https://www.modelcarsmag.com/

Thank you Michael. Also a big thanks to you for all you do for the forum, it is very much appreciated. You guys are awesome! I also hope this did not come across as a complaint or negative, that was not my intent. Almost certainly it’s a postal issue. Keep up the great work.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve H said:

Thank you Michael. Also a big thanks to you for all you do for the forum, it is very much appreciated. You guys are awesome! I also hope this did not come across as a complaint or negative, that was not my intent. Almost certainly it’s a postal issue. Keep up the great work.

Cheers, Steve

No, it did not come across as a complaint at all. I was just pointing out the best way to get in touch with the correct folks at the magazine. While related to the magazine, the forum is separate from it and posts here about the mag do not always get seen or addressed by the magazine staff as quickly as some would like.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:21 AM, Tom Geiger said:

And now that the magazine is on a regular schedule I’m hoping the “wait and see” doubters will now pony up and subscribe!

I just renewed mine for another two years.

Earlier this year, I decided that I liked what I was seeing,  so I bought a subscription for a year. I am about halfway through that, and will be renewing,  soon! Great job, by everyone!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 10:21 AM, Tom Geiger said:

And now that the magazine is on a regular schedule I’m hoping the “wait and see” doubters will now pony up and subscribe!

I just renewed mine for another two years.

You raise an interesting question, @Tom Geiger... I wonder how many MCM forum members are not yet on board with a subscription?

Thank you for your renewal!  I mentioned to the staff earlier this week, that everyone I have shared/shown my copy of MCM with has really been excited about what they saw!  Having access to the publication really adds to my involvement here on the MCM forum!  And being surprised issue over issue with actual MCM forum members being highlighted in print!  How exciting is that?  Way better than having your model showing up in one of the model car show coverages from around the world!  Right?

To everyone reading this, you too could be featured in the magazine in a future issue!  Can you imagine being in a magazine that you haven't subscribe to as a member of the MCM forum?

Would it be helpful to have a listing of outlets that carry MCM over the counter?  That way those that haven't yet signed up, to have the one and only model car magazine delivered right to their own mailbox, would know where to find the closes MCM retail dealer.  Quick question: What's the difference between the newsstand price and the cost of a subscription? -KK

9 minutes ago, Kit Karson said:

You raise an interesting question, @Tom Geiger... I wonder how many MCM forum members are not yet on board with a subscription?

Thank you for your renewal!  I mentioned to the staff earlier this week, that everyone I have shared/shown my copy of MCM with has really been excited about what they saw!  Having access to the publication really adds to my involvement here on the MCM forum!  And being surprised issue over issue with actual MCM forum members being highlighted in print!  How exciting is that?  Way better than having your model showing up in one of the model car show coverages from around the world!  Right?

To everyone reading this, you too could be featured in the magazine in a future issue!  Can you imagine being in a magazine that you haven't subscribe to as a member of the MCM forum?

Would it be helpful to have a listing of outlets that carry MCM over the counter?  That way those that haven't yet signed up, to have the one and only model car magazine delivered right to their own mailbox, would know where to find the closes MCM retail dealer.  Quick question: What's the difference between the newsstand price and the cost of a subscription? -KK

I made a subscription because you can't find the magazine in any book stores or the two hobby shops we have in Winnipeg Canada..Can't wait for #211..

• Like 1