Model Cars Magazine Forum

What car or truck have you always wanted ?

Sublime green 1968 Dodge Charger with a mat black hood, HEMI hood scoop, 440 6 pack with a 4 speed pistol grip, Dana 60 with 4:10s, black interior with hi back bucket and some 15” American racing torque thrusts with bfgoodrich white letters. 

Or a black 1969 Plymouth roadrunner 426 HEMI 4 speed car with pistol grip, black interior with a bench seat, 14” steel wheels and red line tires. 

so far the closest I’ve got to either of my dream cars are my 1971 Plymouth Valiant with a 340/727 console shift with white hi back bucket and a 1967 Plymouth satellite factory 383 hi performance package 727 auto console shift (unfortunately the drivetrain isn’t there anymore) and the body is rough but it’s still one of the coolest cars I own.

29D78C95-4A5E-4B7F-9880-46E99AF27A61.jpeg.1781c6bbdda790f03cf36268743d5ee8.jpeg

9D203274-EE29-43AE-AC07-DC66C2102CA9.thumb.jpeg.d9309bea2ad6ba456850f149d4bb7373.jpeg

On 12/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, slusher said:

When I was young in my early twenties I really wanted a white or blue Monte Carlo SS.  I am a Mopar and Ford guy but always wanted a Monte Carlo SS.  I never persuade it when I had a good job…

I had one. Nice car at first, fun to drive (with a 350 in place of the 305) but typical 80s GM quality. Door handles broke, windows stopped sealing, etc. Might get another one if I ever win the lottery. 

To answer the question... I'd have to say a 70 Barracuda, 383 4 spd. 

Edited by Rbray47

8 hours ago, catpack68 said:

I would love to have another 5.0 Foxbody Mustang.A 85-86 GT or 90-92 LX notchback.Prices for them have gone through the roof😳

10 to 15k for a decent car. I bought my 92 calypso green lx as a roller and got a good price for it but I'm 15k into it now and I've done all the work myself.

• Like 1

I've been fortunate that I have already owned most of the cars I wanted, but one remains elusive and will until I win the lottery- '62 Corvette with big brake/heavy duty suspension & fuel injected 327/360hp, 4spd. Just like this one, it's even the right color.

1962-Corvette-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

10 to 15k for a decent car. I bought my 92 calypso green lx as a roller and got a good price for it but I'm 15k into it now and I've done all the work myself.

I wish I still had all three fox bodies that I had.I owned a 85 and 86 GT.I bought a brand new LX 5.0 hatch in 89.

Edited by catpack68

20 minutes ago, catpack68 said:

I wish I still had all three fox bodies that I had.I owned a 85 and 86 GT.I bought a brand new LX 5.0 hatch in 89.

I've owned a few over the years. I also bought a new lx in 1989, it was medium scarlet red 5 speed car. I had a 3.73 gear, ported heads and a 150 shot on it by the time it had 30k miles on it.

20210821_181724.thumb.jpg.4cb2a2924b38d50c03ba9e7fb2ed9cdc.jpg

Edited by Scott8950

1 hour ago, catpack68 said:

I drove one "professionally" on and off from 1982 until 1994.  All 5.0's with manual transmission.  Straight line-nothing kept up with it.  Turn at the end of the road....well that's when the Prairie Schooner era suspension came into play. Get in a chase and you need one hand for the wheel, one hand for the tranny, one hand for the radio.  Bad (stock) seats, don't ever let one side be on the wet and the other on the dry and then accelerate beyond briskly-it would swap ends faster than you could say "OH, S**T".  You can tell by my avatar that I haven't sworn off of them, though.

Edited by The Junkman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

I drove one "professionally" on and off from 1982 until 1994.  All 5.0's with manual transmission.  Straight line-nothing kept up with it.  Turn at the end of the road....well that's when the Prairie Schooner era suspension came into play. Get in a chase and you need one hand for the wheel, one hand for the tranny, one hand for the radio.  Bad (stock) seats, don't ever let one side be on the wet and the other on the dry and then accelerate beyond briskly-it would swap ends faster than you could say "OH, S**T".  You can tell by my avatar that I haven't sworn off of them, though.

I had an early one--a '79 Pace Car 302/automatic on Michelin TRX tires. Could barely get out of its own way. Handled okay on dry roads, but on rain it was like snow, and on snow it was darn near undriveable. 

I understand they got better and better mechanically as they went, but the '79-'84s were better looking. The later ones were uglier. 

If I ran across an '80 or '81 Cobra in black with the green graphics, though, if it were at an attractive price, I'd give very serious consideration to buying it. Those were pretty sharp looking. 

Mine is pretty easy. A short list.... sort of... LOL!

Any Classic 60s era Ford Mustang the Northeast Auto Museum has raffled off if I had won it. LOLOL!

1964 Dodge Dart GT, hardtop or convertible. Must have slant 6.

1972 Chevelle SS 454

‘55, ‘56 or ‘57 Chevy sedan or Nomad

Hellcat or Demon Dodge Challenger (2017 - 2020; any year)

2017 or 2018 Alpha Romeo Giulia

1967 GTO

1953 Chevy Corvette

The Dart, Chevelle, the Tri-Five sedans or Nomad, and the Goat, I’d have the guys at Martin Brothers (Iron Resurrection) do the restomod work for me. I would love to have Shorty to do the paint job.

Edited by BlackSheep214