Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 Lamborghini Countach QT...scratch build

Dann Tier

When the new Countach first came out, i had several friends ask me what i thought of it, since the Countach is my most favorite car ever. I was excited...until i saw it, then i got sick. I dont even know where to begin.

With it being arguably the most iconic super car, wouldnt you think that it deserves its own new identity? Lamborghini did what most domestic car companies do...use a platform for multiple "different" cars. 

I just want to start off saying that i love the Aventadors, but this new Countach is nothing more than yet another version of the Aventador -how lazy, and boring. Not only is it a rubbish attempt at a Countach, it does the Aventador a huge disrespect. It takes more than a few body tweaks, bucket seat padding, and a nme plate to make a proper Countach....so its got some EV -big deal.

There are a few concepts out there that would have been better, but mine will still be different, and will make the fans of the original prototype, pariscope, and useless wing/fender flares lovers ALL happy.

This car will be made from all the latest technologies to compete with top Hyper cars. It will have a Lamborghini 7 liter V-12 with quad turbos, active aero front, and back, and you wont have to sit on the sill to back it up...in fact, all the horrible rear view issues will be fixed with the use of cameras. It will also have an 8 speed tranny, and AWD.

download.jpg

download (2).jpg

download (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

images (4).jpg

images.jpg

• Like 1

I have three main inspiration...i will blend these three together....

#1...the original concept LP500. Most people like this purist form best, so my overall design will be very basic, and smooth as this. I will also use the small side glass idea, but in another way. There will be no fender flares, and i will incorporate a version of the rear hood, and periscope roof. There will be a switch on the dash that cancels all active aero, and keeps it in the LP500 look.

#2...this is the LP400 stage. The only thing i'm utilizing from this version is the air boxes. There will be a second switch that keeps the air boxes in up position, while cancelling the rest of the active aero.

#3...my favorite stage...the 85 QV 5000. In this mode, all the active aero (rear wing,and air boxes) will be fixed in the out position, but the front aero will engage when needed.

NOTES: there will be no more trunk -its needed for more engine, and there will also be no more spare since it will have AWD.

art-mg-lamborghinicountachlp500a.jpg

art-mg-lamborghinicountachlp500c.jpg

countach_cover.webp

images (1).jpg

images (6).jpg

images (2).jpg

Edited by Dann Tier

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

If I may add my two cents, American car designers have totally abused the "new & improved" look for iconic nameplates.  Ford should have recycled Galaxy for this one.
2077996912_newFordMustang.jpeg.41a25641f13bab5e13a30e7b82dddc5b.jpeg

Glad you are going to share this build, I know it will be amazing. 🏁

LOL!!!

....and heres what its looking like now....

Photo 1; Notice how the new bonnet opens. Where the turnsignals use to be are now active aero flaps like with a Pagani Huayra(Horacio himself worked on the development of the last countach -the 25Th Annv. Since the aero flaps could interfere with the headlamps behind them, i added headlamps to the nose as well. Looking at these photos, i found that not only am i blending three Countach's together, but i unintendedly linked many Lambos through the decades; a Diablo rear shape, Mercielago rear quarter vents, Aventador side markers, and front splitter that is like many newer Lambos.

-Photo 2; Any Countach with a side vent in the design needs to have the iconic NACA duct, but how to make it a bit different?  -why not half the duct?!!! Notice the Aventador style shape in front of the rear wheel well.

-Photo 3; I kept the look of the original hood vents, but tweaked them a bit. The hood is raised up, and there is even less visibility than the original, but no worries...there will be a camera mounted up there in the periscope area. The exhaust guard was basically turned inside-out, and turned into a mild diffuser. Like the Ferrari F40, this car will be open mesh from one side to the other, and it will have unique exhaust tips.

DSCF0456.JPG

DSCF0458.JPG

DSCF0457.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Great idea Dann. Lamborghini’s new Countach seems to be a Countach only in name. If you weren’t told, you would not guess it’s inspiration, unlike the new Miura concept. 

Those scratch building skills are amazing. How do you ensure a build like this is symmetrical? Do you have a jig?

11 hours ago, beeRS said:

Great idea Dann. Lamborghini’s new Countach seems to be a Countach only in name. If you weren’t told, you would not guess it’s inspiration, unlike the new Miura concept. 

Those scratch building skills are amazing. How do you ensure a build like this is symmetrical? Do you have a jig?

Thanks, bud!...you are very right. I do alot of measuring, temporary supports/bulk heads, and yes, quite often SB my own jigs for things.