Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need 1:25 NOS trademark decals (nitrious, of course) for two builds.

W Humble

Thanks for this opportunity!  1.) I'm looking for some 1:25 NOS trademark decals (nitrous, of course) for two builds.  I have some very old things to trade in the decal line. 

Which brings me to 2.) Is there any way to 'restore' an old decal sheet?  Or even a newer one?  

I have several Gofer sponsor decal sheets, only about 6 years old (though how long on the shop's rack, I don't know!) and when I tried to use some I had been waiting to use they just disintegrated.  I used warm water and a tiny bit of dish detergent, which used to work best.  I have Microsol and Microset, but these didn't get to the kit surface.  I don't count on a sixty-year-old decal coming off the paper in one piece -- though some certainly do -- but...  ?!  One source mentioned that spraying a thin film of clear lacquer on the sheet might re-constitute an age-cracked decal.  I remember a biker mag showing a how-to on taking an image from a clay-based magazine page pic by tacking it down and spraying on a number of coats of clear lac, then doing the waterside routine.  They laminated it down (usually from some centerfold, btw!) with more clear on tanks, fenders, etc.  Never tried it.

They would be very welcome!  Do you have any needs, esp very old stuff?  Most but not all of mine are 1959-66.  I converted a Burrago die-cast 240Z to a BBC drag car and used my Brock/Morton race #46 decals. Thus the NOS!  I'll try to get photos and post when it's assembled.

Wick Humble 3191 Coronado Rd. Chico, Ca 95973

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, yes!  Look great, and thanks so much! 

You a classic chevy guy?  My first car, which I'm modeling*, was a '55 Delray 2-dr 'post', built 265, lowered, striped, lakes pipes, moons, etc.  I could never afford a 1;1 ver now!  BTW, if you know of any delelict '55 1:25 kits, I came up short bumpers and tail-lights, darn.  Also modeled my '51 Ford, '65 Pontiac Tempest, and '70 240Z.  (I hate calling them 'Tri-5'; just me!)

*Tricky, combining 1:24 and 1:25 bodies in one mash-up to get a post version!

1 hour ago, W Humble said:

Oh, yes!  Look great, and thanks so much! 

You a classic chevy guy?  My first car, which I'm modeling*, was a '55 Delray 2-dr 'post', built 265, lowered, striped, lakes pipes, moons, etc.  I could never afford a 1;1 ver now!  BTW, if you know of any delelict '55 1:25 kits, I came up short bumpers and tail-lights, darn.  Also modeled my '51 Ford, '65 Pontiac Tempest, and '70 240Z.  (I hate calling them 'Tri-5'; just me!)

*Tricky, combining 1:24 and 1:25 bodies in one mash-up to get a post version!

Glad you got the decals Wick.  Yes, the blue 57 in my Avatar photo is my 1:1 Belair 2dr post.