Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Chevy C10 Pro Street

4 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Thanks Bob. Yea those tires look mean. I was thinking about putting in a hemi, but have now decided to put the 427 Chevy out of the Chevelle Pro Street in it. Doing some test fitting and there is going to be a lot of frame modification to get it to work. This is turning out to be more than I thought it would be, but I'm going to keep at it and get something built, but it probably will not be pretty. 

I think its going to look fine James.  Yeah that 427 would be my choice as well.

On 12/25/2021 at 4:34 AM, bluestringer said:

They are really cool. Mine will never be that good. Not sure if I should even continue, but I've already messed up the kit, may as well see if I can make something out of it. 

I had that sentiment too after being on the forum for a year. Instead of being disappointed that I did not have the awesome build quality of many of those here, I decided to simply be inspired by them. Over the last couple of years I slowly improved my skillset as I was able. Take each project and give yourself a vision of all the things you know you CAN do and add one more task you have not done before to it. Do not overwhelm yourself. You will find over time that your subsequent builds will naturally improve. Be encouraged. Hopefully you have enough stash to start something new temporarily if a project needs to be paused for a time.

• Like 1

To eco Bills72sj's advice, I think many have sort of "hit the wall" on a build and start getting discouraged. I have often put a partially done model back in the box and went on to a different project. Sometimes you will figure out in your mind how to complete something that has stopped you, or it can always be a good parts source as well.  

• Like 1

Here's my redneck engineered rear chassis. A little off center on one side, but I'm going with it. Got to clean up my "welds" and get some paint on it, maybe pick out a few details. I couldn't do much with the front except I cut the spindles off and moved them up a little to get it to sit a little lower. Still not low enough, I may work with the inner fender wells to see if I can get the body lower. Got to get that 427 built and see if I can squeeze it in the frame. Thanks for all the comments and encouragement. 

_IGP0355.jpg

4 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Here's my redneck engineered rear chassis. A little off center on one side, but I'm going with it. Got to clean up my "welds" and get some paint on it, maybe pick out a few details. I couldn't do much with the front except I cut the spindles off and moved them up a little to get it to sit a little lower. Still not low enough, I may work with the inner fender wells to see if I can get the body lower. Got to get that 427 built and see if I can squeeze it in the frame. Thanks for all the comments and encouragement. 

_IGP0355.jpg

Nice looking James.  Get ta wrenchin on that 427 and see if you can shoe horn it in the business end.

It's a close fit, but I think I can get that 427 in there. I will have to mount the headers from the bottom after gluing in the engine. The fan assembly is going to be close, may need to manipulate it or the radiator. I'll be installing velocity stacks on the carbs, so I had to cut a hole in the hood. Or I may leave them off and put a scoop on it. 

_IGP0356.jpg

_IGP0357.jpg

_IGP0359.jpg

On 12/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, NOBLNG said:

Sometimes you gotta walk away for a bit to preserve your sanity.🤪 But don’t think you have to measure up to anyone else’s work. I know I will never be that good either. It’s only a few bucks worth of plastic, so go ahead and mess with it is my motto.😬

I totally agree!

Nice progress on this James. When I’m kit bashing, not everything ends up “mechanically accurate”, so my input would be have fun with it and don’t sweat the details too much. Redneck engineer the heck out of it! It’s looking great.

Cheers, Steve

This is as low as I can get the front without rebuilding the front suspension, which aint gonna happen. I put on some wheelie bars from the 67 Chevelle kit. Got all the engine together except for the headers, I'll get those after gluing the engine in. Now to get the interior done and get some paint on it. I think I have some metallic red I want to use. I cut the wheel holes too big in the bed so ended up with some over large tubs, but looks ok I guess. 

_IGP0360.jpg

_IGP0361.jpg

_IGP0362.jpg

• Like 1

Looking pretty sweet there James.  I was looking at the wheelie bars for my 56 but forgot all about them.  I was going to put a 10 gal fuel tank in the bed and forgot about that as well.  Heck....I think I forgot a lot of stuff 😄  Nice progress on you pickup dude.

25 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Looking pretty sweet there James.  I was looking at the wheelie bars for my 56 but forgot all about them.  I was going to put a 10 gal fuel tank in the bed and forgot about that as well.  Heck....I think I forgot a lot of stuff 😄  Nice progress on you pickup dude.

Thanks Bob. Had not thought about a fuel tank. I think I have a fuel cell somewhere, but with those big tubs I don't know if I will have room for it. 

21 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Something has fogged my windshield. Had to be the floor polish, but it didn't affect the back window. I used canopy glue to install it and never had a problem with it, dries clear. But I've used the floor polish on windshields before and never had a problem. 

Not sure if the floor polish would have done that.  It was probably the glue.  I use Mod Podge ever since I had that happen on one of my builds.

17 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Not sure if the floor polish would have done that.  It was probably the glue.  I use Mod Podge ever since I had that happen on one of my builds.

Not sure either, I've never had the canopy glue do that. But it did clean up a little with some alcohol. Can still see it at certain angles though.