Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1964 Nova SS - first detailed look inside the box...

tim boyd

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, stavanzer said:

This Kit is almost here. I wonder what extra parts it has?

Or, is everything in the other kits already, just used differently?

Assuming you're talking about the '64 "Resto Mod"?  In the pics of the built-up and the box art mock up, the only new parts I see are the cowl hood and the rally wheels.

I confirmed that the stock '64 hardtop already has the mesh air cleaner and the slapper traction bars.  It also has a whole 2nd custom exhaust system and a couple sets of aftermarket valve covers.  So I suspect all that stuff will carry over into the Resto Mod.

9 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Assuming you're talking about the '64 "Resto Mod"?  In the pics of the built-up and the box art mock up, the only new parts I see are the cowl hood and the rally wheels.

I confirmed that the stock '64 hardtop already has the mesh air cleaner and the slapper traction bars.  It also has a whole 2nd custom exhaust system and a couple sets of aftermarket valve covers.  So I suspect all that stuff will carry over into the Resto Mod.

I believe there will be new headers as neither the factory stock nor the Gasser kit headers match up to the custom exhaust system in the stock version hardtop kit...TB

On 3/9/2022 at 9:01 PM, Plowboy said:

Two areas the Moebius Nova looks better than the AMT Nova are the brow above the windshield and the cowl. The only issue is the engraving on the cowl vents seems very light. 

The roof looks a little low on the Moebius.  I thought they fixed it?

Edited by mikos
  • Haha 1