Model Cars Magazine Forum

My very best for you. I favor the classic cars

LT3

The photos are from previous prototype works...the model will be a work in progress no build ahead.  Please note: to build this car design with angled/lift top as I call it required two model car bodies and I will show details of how it is cut to achieve the angled top design. This car will be a theme build of Meso American (Aztec and Maya warrior character). The warrior held the absolute belief in possession of the image reflected the possessed powers...So this car will reflect (power with a look of speed and forward motion).  My prototype photos reflects this is a kit bash of (Revell 41 Willys street rod and Revell 32 Ford 3 window coupe) the final build will include open doors, and hinge building of the type found on the real car (hinge on body look not pivot and rod).  I choose a theme to help me with painting...I love art, but must reflect from inspiration or it just don't happen.  See my website that shows works from my college studies (www.flickr.com/photos/l3arts/)  The colors are going to be mostly Candy Apple Green, some Candy apple Red along with gold base for trim and details,  Hinge works will be partially hidden under relief images of the chosen theme culture. Body will be channeled by 2mm, and this car is intended to be a full show car no strip use

Much art is going into this build...much of this art work has been prototyped in many past works of mine...I'm 81 years old, have cancer, Lung disease of emphysema, COPD complications and survived 3 heart attacks with a stint placed in my heart artery (but this prototype works is within the last 4 years).  What is not shown is the paint theme application and that is created as we go but promise you will see what is not common in paint designs as I must use abstract paintings to avoid violation of copyright laws.  I must find images to build the theme and that involves threading the law to capture the look and feel but not duplicate someone else works.  

What cannot be controlled is time...my health is an issue, and it in cuts into my ability to purchase kits or parts needed for the project...being that my only income is Social Security a month between purchases for me seems an eternity. I have modeled cars since age 15 just when the industry was just starting to create model cars of serious design (mid to late  1950'sssss).  I hope you like what is offered as it is intended to inspire and promote interest in this hobby...I'm no expert and have no business ties, but you can find many skills on this web site (modelcarsmag.com/forum) some are truly an expert works if ever there was.

P.S I don't find a show car category (may look like a drag car but strictly show) never to see road use under power.

Larry Truex