Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 FAIRLADY 240Z

doubleyoung2003

Another masterpiece from the Mr Lin workshop! Builders like you and Steven Guthmiller set the bar so high for the rest of us “imperfect but always striving to do better on the next build” modelers here. Inspiring!

I always thought this first Z and the ‘90 300Z were the best looking of all the Z designs.  I got a chance to see the new Z at the local auto show last month and was blown away, it is absolutely beautiful, nice sports car size and super clean styling reminiscent to me of this original 240Z.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, tbill said:

Gorgeous build! I love the look of these, but have yet to add one to the stash. Well done.

On 12/23/2021 at 9:06 AM, Bainford said:

Oh, very nice Z. Beautiful build, and great colour. I love it!

On 12/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, steveracer said:

Nice car and nice model!  Great job on the build and workmanship.  I used to work on these and later year Datsuns as well, so I like to see these models.  Thanks for sharing.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, asfastasu said:

Very well done. Love the color and great job on the video. I just picked up the Fujimi z432r a couple of weeks ago, love the Z cars.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

That looks amazing! The detailing around the windows works so well and really elevates the look of it.

On 12/23/2021 at 3:52 PM, grodudulle77 said:

Paint job and details are very awesome !! 👍😀

On 12/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

On 12/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, oldscool said:

Good job! Love the color.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, afx said:

Very nice.

On 12/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Just about as close to perfect as I've seen.   :D

On 12/24/2021 at 6:25 AM, Michael F said:

Very cool. Nice paint !!

On 12/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, doorsovdoon said:

That paint is glass smooth! Beautiful work.

On 12/24/2021 at 7:22 PM, David G. said:

Beautiful build, could easily pass for 1:1!

David G.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:28 PM, Zippi said:

Nice looking 240Z and the color looks nice and smooth.  Great workmanship.  Nice video.

On 12/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, Plowboy said:

That is a beautiful model Lin! Excellent work! As Bill stated, as close to perfection as it gets!

On 12/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, Cool Hand said:

Agree, all of this gentleman's builds are super clean and very precise.

thank you guys and happy new year!!😄😄😄

On 12/23/2021 at 3:31 PM, classic said:

Very nice build as usual Mr Lin. I shall go and watch your video on YT, they are very enjoyable and informative.

I have adopted your method of replicating door locks with metal rivets already, they do look neat.

Atb, Steve.

thank you for watching! I am glad my videos is informative. 

I always try to a achieve maximum effect through the simplest procedure😅

next project working on!!🙂 

On 12/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, papajohn97 said:

Another masterpiece from the Mr Lin workshop! Builders like you and Steven Guthmiller set the bar so high for the rest of us “imperfect but always striving to do better on the next build” modelers here. Inspiring!

I always thought this first Z and the ‘90 300Z were the best looking of all the Z designs.  I got a chance to see the new Z at the local auto show last month and was blown away, it is absolutely beautiful, nice sports car size and super clean styling reminiscent to me of this original 240Z.

I totally agree with you!! 🙂this 240Z probably is my favorite Japanese sports car of all time...

The design concept of 2022 Z also incorporates the style of 240Z .I love it more than R35 GTR...

lucky you could see the real one!!😍

On 12/25/2021 at 6:51 AM, Tommy124 said:

Great, this is a top build of probably the best kit for this gen Nissan „Z“ type! Great paint job and detail work!

I made my own attempt on the Fujimi kit some years ago, if I am allowed to show:

nice!! I love the color you choose..I got a fairlady z 432 kit from fujimi, I will do the same color!!🙂