Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/MPC mini boxes

PowerPlant

I just got an idea to use these as ornaments while decorating my Christmas tree tonight. Problem is, I only have two 😝 I realize it will be too late for this year, but if anyone has extras of these they won’t be using, and don’t mind sending them in a letter to Europe, I sure could use a good few by next year. Let me know if you have any! Thanks in advance and happy holidays to all! 🥳

5B37637E-FEED-4751-9306-F7203B7AF397.thumb.jpeg.8513f4b0a89f21621ffec56138a6b99a.jpeg

1 hour ago, George Bojaciuk said:

What is the size? I wouldn’t mind making a few for my car tree! Lord knows I have kit boxes! Be happy to send you a few!

These are the standard mini boxes that come in most all newer release Round2 kits. They come flat on a piece of card, and have to be cut out, folded and glued.

31A507CC-E11A-42BF-9CE8-51B6D8AF15EC.thumb.jpeg.c3d825a0a1caacd3075290a11cc3e821.jpeg

Edited by PowerPlant

13 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

I will check my stash. I like the wood block idea and I have eyelets for hooks! I just need one to measure. Anything else I can shoot and make work!

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying… Why do you need measurements? You want to scale and print your own based on full size boxes? Because the ones I am after are already printed mini boxes, ready for cutting out from card stock, folding and glueing. They come ready for assembly in most new release Round2 kits. No scaling or printing to be done. Apologies if I misunderstood something! 

I’m looking to do some of my older kit boxes, hence the measurement requirements.  They would not have come with mini-boxes. That being said, I checked 2 new kits last night and they did not have a mini-box. However,  I did learn that one of the kits was missing a tail light from within the sealed bag.

My best wishes to you for the New Year!

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Matija, I have these, already assembled, carefully and neatly cut, folded, and taped with clear packaging tape. PM me your mailing address, please, if they will work for you. 

PM sent!

34 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

I might have a couple to send you....

Thanks! Let me know, I definitely could use them!

Edited by PowerPlant