Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 9 builds from 2021

Phildaupho

On 12/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, PappyD340 said:

Fine looking group!

On 12/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, alan barton said:

Noice!  Loved the Willys, missed the Mercuries and your Ala Kart reminds me that that is one I still have to do!  Congrats on a great year. 

If you are travelling for work and spending a lot of time in motel rooms, I can recommend taking body work projects.  Get a bunch of putty applied at home and then just sit there in that badly lit room watching junk TV and sand, sand, sand.  I have been travelling for work for the last nine years and got a lot done that way.  If you can find a small cookie tin or coffee tin or similar, wrap the body in bubble wrap and put it in the tin amongst your clothing and you will stop the baggage handlers undoing your work!

And don't leave the X-acto in your carry-on luggage - they get real funny about that!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the travel advise. I be travelling for pleasure and have often taken a project to work on in the campsite.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:35 PM, Bills72sj said:

Very productive year sir! That Ala Cart is pretty cool.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:54 AM, ChrisR said:

VERY NICE!

On 12/26/2021 at 5:03 AM, happy grumpy said:

Those 2 mercs get my vote, they are absolutely gorgeous, the rest of them are also beautiful. In all, a very good year.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:01 AM, TooOld said:

What a great year , congrats !  I always like seeing some Roth stuff built and yours are top notch , of course so are the rest of your builds .

On 12/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, Plowboy said:

Very nice group of models! The paint on that Corvette is sweeeeet!

On 12/26/2021 at 7:59 PM, slusher said:

Outstanding models Sir!

On 12/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Phil!

What a year, bravo! Those Roth creations bring back good memories. 

Happy holidays to you!

CT 

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Nice array of super clean work. Love them all.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments and I am overwhelmed with the positive response to my models. I currently have a project on the bench which I hope to post a WIP update before the end of the year and get it completed early in 2022.

2 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Phil! Absolutely beautiful builds as always. Not sure how you manage so many very high quality builds in a year… The bonus is I get to see theses in person. All the best for the holiday season to you and yours. 
Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve - Being retired helps and for some reason there seemed to be more free time 2021 !!??

All the best to you and look forward to seeing you when things warm up.

It hadn't occurred to me until I saw them all here on the same page what a banner year you've had, especially since you mainly concentrated on replica modeling which offers its own challenges when it comes to precision building and accuracy. The Ala Kart was probably, along with Hirohata, my favorite. And getting as close as you did on the Sam Barris Merc, using the Revell kit IIRC was really something. 2021 saw you raise the bar very high indeed.

All the best in 2022,
B.

Edited by Bernard Kron