Model Cars Magazine Forum

My builds for 2021 from Model T's to Corvettes

RSchnell

Here's some photos of my builds from 2021. Several are restorations of glue bombs, most are box stock. As you can see I don't stick to one genre! Kits from MPC, Revell, Hasegawa, Tamiya, AMT, IMC, Monogram & Moebius are shown. Sorry for the photo quality, my camera battery was dying as I did these.

_DSC7728.JPG

_DSC7729.JPG

_DSC7730.JPG

_DSC7731.JPG

_DSC7733.JPG

_DSC7743.JPG

_DSC7744.JPG

_DSC7747.JPG

_DSC7751.JPG

_DSC7756.JPG

_DSC7757.JPG

_DSC7758.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

Excellent 2021!  Nice variety, you may be an inspiration to others, myself included...  What kit is the black F150, is that the Firestone kit?   I want that one!  Looks great with those wheels....

Thanks! The black Ford is the Moebius '71 Ford Ranger XLT. Those are the wheels that came in the kit, I just painted the spokes dark grey to match the truck better.

4 hours ago, Zippi said:

Nice models.  They all look great.  What its the Delivery/Panel body in the 3rd pic that looks like it's a rootbeer color.  Looks like a really slick paint job.  

That's the old Monogram '37 Ford Street Rod kit. I sprayed it with some Model Master Enamel that I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I haven't cut & buffed it yet, I usually spray 2-3 bodies and let them cure for a couple weeks before color sanding.

20211225_121856_HDR.jpg

20211225_121706.jpg

On 12/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, alan barton said:

The Lincoln is the stand-out for me but even though I am a hot rodder, I can really appreciate all those showroom stock Fords!

Cheers

Alan

I agree on the Lincoln.  That's a great model, though personally,  I didn't see anything I did not like. Your output for 2021 is more than I've built in the last 10 years!

48 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

I agree on the Lincoln.  That's a great model, though personally,  I didn't see anything I did not like. Your output for 2021 is more than I've built in the last 10 years!

I don't have much time to sit down & work at the bench-usually 5-7 hours a week, so I've worked out an assembly line of sorts. Usually have 3 or 4 builds going-while paint is drying on one, I'll jump on one I painted the night before. Prewar stuff is my favorite and I've worked on 1:1 prewar cars for 40+ years so things go together pretty quick for me on those!

9 hours ago, RSchnell said:

I don't have much time to sit down & work at the bench-usually 5-7 hours a week, so I've worked out an assembly line of sorts. Usually have 3 or 4 builds going-while paint is drying on one, I'll jump on one I painted the night before. Prewar stuff is my favorite and I've worked on 1:1 prewar cars for 40+ years so things go together pretty quick for me on those!

I have ask...what do you have for prewar cars. Here's one of mine.20210916_171326.thumb.jpg.a599f33745b3be93c23a93def2955fe8.jpg

10 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

I have ask...what do you have for prewar cars. Here's one of mine.20210916_171326.thumb.jpg.a599f33745b3be93c23a93def2955fe8.jpg

Nice Caddy! I'm down to a couple of Model A's but have had an eclectic group in the past. '32 Plymouth, '27 Whippet, Model T's, etc. I also owned a small resto shop restoring pre 1965 cars.  I'm still halfway looking for a 1931-32 Lincoln 7 passenger sedan if one showed up for the right price.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, 89AKurt said:

Awesome you completed so many!  I like the German cars, the 300SLR is a historic car, is it a decent kit?

It's a really nice kit, the only problem I had is the engine sits up a tad too high which doesn't let the hood close all that way- of course I discovered this too late! This is the kit. Revell reboxed this one later on, mine was the 90s Monogram boxing.

71m0JWq-CpL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Like 1