Model Cars Magazine Forum

Picked this up at a Farm Toy show for $10

Geno

The one car model amongst a sea of tractor diecast, I had to rescue it. It was dirty and missing the drivers door mirror. I made one from stainless myself and put it on, cleaned and polished it, wahlah. Merry Christmas for me LOL.😄

Danbury Mint '53 Buick Roadmasher woody.

20211223_171657.jpg

20211223_171438.jpg

Edited by Geno
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, with him dealing in farm toys I don't think he really knew what he had. I had seen pics of this model before and really liked it., especially the color. I had missed out on it new and they have gotten pricey on Ebay so there was no way this WASN'T going home with me LOL. It is soooo much better in hand and this sucker has some heft to it.😊

On 12/25/2021 at 10:30 AM, Geno said:

The one car model amongst a sea of tractor diecast, I had to rescue it. It was dirty and missing the drivers door mirror. I made one from stainless myself and put it on, cleaned and polished it, wahlah. Merry Christmas for me LOL.😄

Danbury Mint '53 Buick Roadmasher woody.

beautiful rescue! how did you make the mirror?

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Jim, I used 1 mm stainless wire and .005 stainless sheet. I cut the mirror body on an Arbor press with a 5 mm diameter cup punch that gave the mirror body it's bowl shape and used a 4 mm punch to cut the mirror itself. I then drilled a hole in the back of the mirror body, super glued the wire into it then cleared it to keep it's shine, after dry I just glued it where the other was missing from.😊

• 2 weeks later...