Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1965 Chevy II Sedan Gasser - First Look Inside the Final Kit Release

tim boyd

1 minute ago, alexis said:

Great Kit!

Lousy Box Art! I've seen more exciting bowls of cold oatmeal....... And the two decals options are pretty "Meh!" as well. You OOB box guys are going to be looking for Gofer or Slixx decals PDQ!

Odd they don't show it with the decals applied.    The '64 ht kit illustration looks great, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Atlantis and Moebius are both getting to be pretty 'Hit or Miss' on their Box Art, IMHO. Awesome on one kit, Meh on the next. It really strikes me as odd, given that both Companies are run by Real Modelers who know the value of Boxart and Shelf Presence is selling kits.  When Atlantis re-uses old Revell art they seem to do well. When the commission their own, the results are all over the place. Witness the strange, hybrid cab on the 1/48 Chevy Truck, and the '57 Caddy with the flat tires on the drivers side.  The Moebius Ford Trucks and the Hudson's have had some outstanding Art, as have the Pontiac's. It seems to be just the newer kits that are going astray.  The Gasser kit, really needs a Blowout Boxtop Photo to sell the kit, I think. The Current version is bland enough to mislead the casual buyer into thinking that the kit is much less than it really is. Not a good thing.

Having spent a good portion of my career in contact with retail product packaging artists, suppliers and printers, (and designing some packaging myself), I might suggest that in many cases product packages that seem like a "miss" become that way due mostly to time-constraints. 

Much time is invested in product development and production and as that comes to a finish, it's "Wait... what about the packaging?" This is certainly not the blame everytime, but many times it is... just sayin'.

4 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Having spent a good portion of my career in contact with retail product packaging artists, suppliers and printers, (and designing some packaging myself), I might suggest that in many cases product packages that seem like a "miss" become that way due mostly to time-constraints. 

Much time is invested in product development and production and as that comes to a finish, it's "Wait... what about the packaging?" This is certainly not the blame everytime, but many times it is... just sayin'.

The last minute retooling of the body of this kit probably did make it difficult to put together really good art in time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 8:36 AM, Snake45 said:

When you consider some of us have been waiting all our lives for this kit, what's another few weeks? ;)

Ive got a half case of each on order with my LHS...... I cannot wait for it, I have to many ideas. haha Building a 1:1 63 Hardtop and have 40 other 62-65  Novas and Acadians..... im going to be trying to get a 3d Acadian conversion going soon after the kits release.

• Like 1