Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 1965 Chevy II Sedan Gasser - First Look Inside the Final Kit Release

tim boyd

I have 6 of each on order at the LHS.... plan to buy a full case eventually..... but they wont be available in Canada probably til the end of the month, so I ordered a Gasser online and already commissioned some custom decals. cant wait to get started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mademan said:

I have 6 of each on order at the LHS.... plan to buy a full case eventually..... but they wont be available in Canada probably til the end of the month, so I ordered a Gasser online and already commissioned some custom decals. cant wait to get started.

I should have my two Gasser kit by the end of the week here in Canada at my LHS !!!

• Like 1

The two I ordered (one each, stock '64 SS and '65 gasser) arrived yesterday.  I got home late, didn't have time to crack them open until this morning.  I can only say they are as described previously.  Lots of extra parts on the trees in both kits...some might come in handy if you have accumulated other Nova kits and parts over the years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

So if the kits are available in the US, where are the build threads ??? anyone ???

They'll be coming soon no doubt. I'm going to wait until I see a few built before I decide to buy. So far, $40 shipped is the best price I've seen on them. 

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

They'll be coming soon no doubt. I'm going to wait until I see a few built before I decide to buy. So far, $40 shipped is the best price I've seen on them. 

I just thought someone would be itching to be the first to post a build thread. But yeah in time there will be every man and his dog building and posting them.

Im really looking foward to building the Gasser and im not even interested in Gasser's LOL!

Ha, think of how much it cost me for 2 of each shipped to Australia.

18 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

I got an email from Model Roundup that mine shipped.  So hopefully will have one of each next week.

Same got an email yesterday, you are fortunate to live in the US and wont be long until you have it your hands.

Im not even sure if mine will make it out of the US with all the suspensions and then if it does will have the issue of shipping delays due to flights etc. ugh!

19 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

So if the kits are available in the US, where are the build threads ??? anyone ???

This is an in-depth build thread of the Gasser kit in near final test shot form.  It is representative of the final kit except for decals and last-minute changes made to the DLO to more accurately reflect the greenhouse of the real car......hope this can stand in until others here start building and posting the final kit results...TIM  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:27 AM, Plowboy said:

I bought mine at the Detroit Autorama for $30 each.

BTW, there are more extra parts in each kit than what's indicated on the instruction sheets.

Edited by ZTony8

On 3/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, Lund said:

I have to get one!

Can't find any in Winnipeg. Where is the most reasonably priced place to order from in Canada?

from what I can see , nobody in Canada has them yet. I had one sent up from MonstersInMotion in the states, while I wait for mine at the local hobby shop..... owner tells me early april.