Model Cars Magazine Forum

Subscription Issues - Please Read

• Xingu changed the title to Subscription Issues - Please Read
  • Xingu pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Sadly I think I will have to let my subscription lapse, if I ever get a notification to renew it.  I have been a subscriber for close to twenty years and recommended other West Aussie modellers to buy it but after two detailed emails to the Contact Us address recommended, over the last two months, I have received no info at all.  Still waiting on 210 and 211.  A shame that such a great publication has such poor customer service - all I want to know is a) was it sent and b) have you heard if any Aussies have received their copies.  Not much to ask but someone is not listening.

I'll try one more time so no-one can say I didn't make an effort.  

Cheers

Alan

• Sad 1

Thank you Dave, for taking the time to update me on the situation.  It was greatly appreciated. 

I must say, (and this has nothing to do with MCM operations) I am confused about the situation with postage from USA to Australia.  I have heard that USPS is not sending to Australia at all right now. I don't understand why a postal service would stop a service outright but there you go. I live under an international flight path and jets are still dropping in each day.

But I don't understand why other companies must be prepared to take a customer's money (in this case MCM) and then simply don't send it anyway.  Where do they store my magazine ( and everyone else's stuff) for four + months?  There must be a lot of American suppliers that are significantly impacted by those practices.  Aussies buy a lot of stuff from the USA.

Anyone on here in the postal industry that can enlighten us Aussies about these things?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan'

I live in NSW which obviously is on the other side of Australia from you,  I subscribe to 3 different American magazines Including MCM and have not received any issues since October 2021.

I have no clue as to what's going on and have only received a reply from "Modern rodding" who have agreed to resend my missing issues.

Here's hoping these problems get resolved soon, as the whole situation with USPS seems ridiculous !

cheers Lou.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to get hold of anyone for a couple of days now as my subscription is about to expire and I don't want it to, I have one issue left until it does so it's a bit urgent.
I have tried the "contact us" form and the subscribe@modelcars.com but still nothing.
As I said, it's becoming very urgent since I just got the #211 and #212 is on the way and my last issue on my current subscription is #213, and I still want my magazine in the mail as it's the only car model magazine I know of, especially since Scale Auto closed.
So if someone can tell me what's going on I would be grateful.

Hakan Persson
Umea, Sweden

Edited by Force

5 hours ago, Force said:

I have been trying to get hold of anyone for a couple of days now as my subscription is about to expire and I don't want it to, I have one issue left until it does so it's a bit urgent.
I have tried the "contact us" form and the subscribe@modelcars.com but still nothing.
As I said, it's becoming very urgent since I just got the #211 and #212 is on the way and my last issue on my current subscription is #213, and I still want my magazine in the mail as it's the only car model magazine I know of, especially since Scale Auto closed.
So if someone can tell me what's going on I would be grateful.

Hakan Persson
Umea, Sweden

Go to https://www.modelcarsmag.com/subscribe/ and click the Subscribe or Renew link. That will take you to our subscription management service where you can renew your subscription. 

Yes I tried that, but as the only country available in the form is the United States I can't complete the form and renew there, I live in Sweden and have been a subscriber for many years.
So I don't know what to do as I don't want my subscription to expire.

Edited by Force

• 3 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, Xingu said:

If you have a question about the magazine or your subscription, please use the Contact Us function on the main website.

https://www.modelcarsmag.com/

That will put your issue/concern/question directly in front of those best suited to answer it for you.

How do I go about getting back issues I ordered in April.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...