Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ferrari 256F1

I'm looking forward to following your progress on this.  I've never done a 1/12 scale but received the Tamiya Porsche 934 in 1/12 scale for Christmas.  While I would like to get right at it I've promised myself I'll finish up a number of pending projects first.  While I realize your kit is much different from my own it will be interesting to see how you handle the details of large scale.

6 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

I'm looking forward to following your progress on this.  I've never done a 1/12 scale but received the Tamiya Porsche 934 in 1/12 scale for Christmas.  While I would like to get right at it I've promised myself I'll finish up a number of pending projects first.  While I realize your kit is much different from my own it will be interesting to see how you handle the details of large scale.

That’s a nice kit for a Christmas present. I find the large scale gives me more room for more detail. But that being said any scale you could add as much as you would like. But my eyes don’t like such itty bitty parts😉🤣🤣

13 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Look forward to watching this build!  Why do they bother with the cylinder bores, they get covered.  Same with the Revell Model A that I started.

Thanks for checking in, I do appreciate it! 
I don’t know why either. I do know on some of there kits the make a full rotating assembly, it’s super cool but not necessary.

1 hour ago, Timonator said:

Looking like it's going to be great. Did you finish the 935 ? I have a vouple of hiro kits but I'm kind of intimidated by them. Any advice for the first one ?

I am almost done with the 935, I broke one of the door hinges, so I am waiting on the replacement to arrive.

I kind of just jumped in with two feet and never looked back. 
I do suggest a good set of metric drill bits .04mm-2.0mm a magnetic tumbler, makes cleaning and polishing the white metal easy, a good set of files. I will say a lot of patience and you have to think and prep multiple steps in advance and always dry fit multiple times to absolutely make sure it is correct before painting.

There are a couple groups on Facebook that have super talented people who build Hiro kits, check them out😉

thanks for checking in 

6 hours ago, showrods said:

Could you please tell us what brand and colour of paints that you're using as you show us each segment?

Excellent work thus far!

I’ll try😉

I am using Alclad aluminum over Tamiya grey primer 

the other paints are Tamiya red and semi gloss black 

I have been using Tamiya brown panel liner for a quick wash to give it depth.

Okay,  here is what I have completed so far. I still need to finish wiring the ignition, then I can move onto the frame 

607D466C-1BE8-4385-9DDE-E2431752E48E.jpeg

7773AB2B-427A-437B-ACC3-F0691848139B.jpeg

5D0F9736-B63A-4166-8A0C-0A93BC281CA8.jpeg

4E19AB38-F6CF-40B9-B459-4C16029882FB.jpeg

2ED44B84-E7F6-45D3-AFD5-7547AA99E92B.jpeg

2E282BFC-0DC2-496E-8853-3389118E0541.jpeg

4E148469-F91F-4BAF-9A34-D32AF554A677.jpeg

Edited by Chris Smith