Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ferrari 256F1

14 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Chris, those MFH kits are very expensive, so do you keep your models of sell them on to collectors to fund your next project?

This model is coming on remarkably well I have to say. Have been following this thread with interest.

Yes they are expensive, but also addicting! I have not sold one to anyone. I have never thought I could, because I admire others who, to me have more talent than I think I do.

As far as funding, don’t think of the price. I have spent more on a Tamiya kit, than I have spent on a MFH kit, to get the details.

I do appreciate your kind words and hopefully my next update will be coming soon. Spring has sprung and house chores are piling up 😉

Thanks for your reply Chris. Yes, I would imagine the MFH kits would be addictive.

I have seen some beautiful examples of well built MFH models at shows over here in the UK.

Am looking forward to the 1/12th scale Italeri Bugatti T35 being released as it will be more affordable for me than the MFH one much as I would love to build the MFH kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those seats look INCREDIBLE!  Stunning!

So, that paint set some with the base terracotta color, a darker shade and what looks like a blue from their website?  Is the blue translucent, or is that an error on their site?  

Great work - really impressive!

21 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Those seats look INCREDIBLE!  Stunning!

So, that paint set some with the base terracotta color, a darker shade and what looks like a blue from their website?  Is the blue translucent, or is that an error on their site?  

Great work - really impressive!

I think the blue is an error. I used their dark primer.

Thank you, I do like it 😁

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 8:29 PM, majel said:

Just checked in to this, your detail work and weathering is gorgeous!  What an amazing model, fantastic work.  Those seats look just like leather!

Thank you very much, it’s greatly appreciated😁 The seat was a fun part of the build, I surprised myself on how it came out 

On 5/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, Justin Porter said:

This is such a lovely build to see! Wonderful results worth envying!

Thank you! I have had some great support and I have learned some different techniques that I will be using on some future builds