Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello From Toronto

Hi all.  Long time model aircraft builder who needs a mojo kickstart.  Born in 1961 and raised in Canada so my major love has always been Detroit muscle.  If this forum is anything like the model aircraft forums I frequent we most likely have a similar story.  Just turned sixty.  Built models as a child and early teens and then school, girls and marriage nipped the hobby in the bud.  Rediscovered my love of model building in my early forties to help with the stress of work, marriage and being a parent.  My wife gave the AMT craftsman Chevy Nova wagon for Christmas.  Figured it would be a good starting point for a newbie to car modeling.  Low part count to keep me from getting discouraged.  Any members out there can point me in the right direction where I might find interior colours and dash images for this vehicle.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Being an avid aircraft modeler I am fully stocked with all supplies including a spray booth and a couple of airbrushes.  The work some of the members display on this forum is outstanding.

Jim

amt1202.jpg

Welcome aboard Jimmie, looks like you've got the right attitude..First off, I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs, never liked them since childhood (I'am 73) but remember their last Stanley Cup win  1967..You obviously have the skill since you are an aircraft military model builder..This site is good except for guys like me who don't have a real great hockey team that just loves to beat the Leafs..WELCOME ABOARD..ENJOY..

Thanks Wayne.  At least I think so.  Don't worry about the Leafs.  They will fold like a cheap suitcase in April.  Too bad about Paul Maurice packing it in.  Appreciate the warm welcome.  Time to get building.  I grew up in Toronto but now reside just outside of the city.

16 hours ago, Typhoon1944 said:

Thanks Wayne.  At least I think so.  Don't worry about the Leafs.  They will fold like a cheap suitcase in April.  Too bad about Paul Maurice packing it in.  Appreciate the warm welcome.  Time to get building.  I grew up in Toronto but now reside just outside of the city.

Hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR  stay healthy/safe and wise..

Welcome to the forum Jimmie!  Your little Nova station wagon is certainly a good project to start with since you say you're new to the automotive world.  As for the color reference, a quick internet search will lead you to hundreds of pictures and ideas.  So far, I have found the vast majority of my references this way and you can count on the many modelers on the forum for help, it is a great community!

Happy new year and good modelling!!!

Funny how you see a Nova kit and I see an Acadian, LOL!  Little bit of conversion required for that, but for now, welcome ! Remember that these kits were first issued back in the ‘60’s, though revamped recently, so don’t expect it to go together like a Tamiya, keep it simple and you’ll do okay for a first auto build. With cars it’s all about the shiny paint and chrome!

Upcoming model car show in our area, and some more info at http://www.group25.org

spacer.png

On 1/1/2022 at 1:56 PM, peter31a said:

Welcome to the forum, Jimmie. Lots of good information here. If we ever get rid of the pandemic and things return back to (somewhat) normal, we have a group that meets at the Newmarket Michaels store the first Saturday of the month.

Thanks for the info Peter.  Funny.  That Michaels is about 10 minutes from my house.  The Midland area is quite the drive to Newmarket.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:19 PM, hct728(Bob) said:

Funny how you see a Nova kit and I see an Acadian, LOL!  Little bit of conversion required for that, but for now, welcome ! Remember that these kits were first issued back in the ‘60’s, though revamped recently, so don’t expect it to go together like a Tamiya, keep it simple and you’ll do okay for a first auto build. With cars it’s all about the shiny paint and chrome!

Upcoming model car show in our area, and some more info at http://www.group25.org

spacer.png

Thanks Bob.  Kind of like that Beaumont/Chevelle thing eh?  Pardon the eh thing.  Funny.  I have checked out the group25 website on several occasions.