Model Cars Magazine Forum

Faux Fabrix...Has anyone use this before?

So i been curious about this product for a long time and finally got a can of it (black version not red)few weeks ago.  I remember testing it out on some spoons and scrap parts, but the stuff when you spray it comes out runny and like a straight shot almost like shooting a water gun.  Don't know how you're suppose to spray this stuff with mist coats if it comes out like that lol, but from my test parts it did turn out okay looked pretty good on the spoons.  It wasn't soft though did have a rough texture too it, and looked nothing like anything you'd see on seats, but more on the lines of underneath the chassy or engine bay or bed liner.  

I did shake the mess out of it too, but no matter how much i shake it - it doesn't spray like regular paint just comes out watery and straight like a water gun, and also makes a darn mess.  Is it best to just decant the stuff and air brush it? I do have texture black paint from MCW i haven't tried.  But i paid $11 for this can faux fabrix, and wanted to know if its a bad can or I'm just doing something wrong?

5502_RedFF_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by Dpate

21 hours ago, Dpate said:

So i been curious about this product for a long time and finally got a can of it (black version not red)few weeks ago.  I remember testing it out on some spoons and scrap parts, but the stuff when you spray it comes out runny and like a straight shot almost like shooting a water gun.  Don't know how you're suppose to spray this stuff with mist coats if it comes out like that lol, but from my test parts it did turn out okay looked pretty good on the spoons.  It wasn't soft though did have a rough texture too it, and looked nothing like anything you'd see on seats, but more on the lines of underneath the chassy or engine bay or bed liner.  

I did shake the mess out of it too, but no matter how much i shake it - it doesn't spray like regular paint just comes out watery and straight like a water gun, and also makes a darn mess.  Is it best to just decant the stuff and air brush it? I do have texture black paint from MCW i haven't tried.  But i paid $11 for this can faux fabrix, and wanted to know if its a bad can or I'm just doing something wrong?

5502_RedFF_1024x1024.jpg

I wonder if you bought an old can that lost pressure. Change the nozzle and if that doesn't cure the problem, yup, it's a bad can.

5 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Maybe try another spray nozzle.

1 hour ago, ZTony8 said:

I wonder if you bought an old can that lost pressure. Change the nozzle and if that doesn't cure the problem, yup, it's a bad can.

I'll try n find some nozzles.  If the can is bad i doubt the paint is so i'll decant it.

1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

Can anyone post a picture of how this stuff is supposed to look?

I had some test pieces, but i threw them away sadly.  I wont be retesting until i get some new nozzles and hopefully that fixes the issue i have with the can, and if not I'll decant it.  But even though the can isn't spraying right it did leave a good texture even though little rough.  I'm sure if can sprayed right and not like you're at the john taking a leak lol it would be much better.  Should be similar to the picture even though what is in the picture is a vinyl top kit by MCG.

mcg-713-2.gif