Model Cars Magazine Forum

ERTL transtar eagle II

Bought this a few years back to redeem myself from botching this kit when I was much younger. Not perfect since I was getting back in the hobby and was getting use to acrylic paints but I'm happy with the results. I really hope that Round2 will do the same for this kit as they did for the CO 4070. I would buy one right there. One of the best truck kit that I have ever build, not that I'm an expert but compared to AMT truck kits, this builds without any issue and everything fits where it's supposed to. Hope you like it.

As always, thanks for looking.

eagle 02.jpg

eagle 03.jpg

eagle 06.jpg

eagle 01.jpg

eagle 09.jpg

Looks good, I did a decent job with the old kit many years ago but it was a simple paint job, all white!  I have a couple of the new kits waiting for their turn on the bench.  From what I have seen, the new kits are several steps above the old ones.  Doesn't mean they are any more resistant to my botched paint attempts......LOL!

Fantastic job, Mario ! It looks great - very realistic - in your pictures it can easily be taken for real ! I have the same in my stash - think I will build this the same way (I have built one back in 1983 and it is one of the best truck models - like the other original ERTL trucks)

Also very impressive is the old Ford box van.