Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rubber Stamp for Script

Zippi

I was finishing up my 1960 Ford Ranchero this morning and noticed I hadn't done the script on the body yet.  In had been thinking for a while to use the eraser on a pencil as a stamp. I couldn't find a post of anyone trying this so I was on my own.  I marked a line at the edge of the eraser as I didn't want a whole lot of the chrome from my Molotow pen to flood the area.  I put a little on the eraser and away I went.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I'm satisfied with the outcome.    

20211230_085805.jpg

20211230_091109.jpg

20211230_090521.jpg

20211230_091135.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Clever idea that should work on any raised item.ie dash knobs, lug nuts,etc.  What I was thinking is using Elmer's glue on scripts, let dry, peel off and fill recess in glue with Molotaw ink wipe excess let tack up and then place glue back over script and release ink onto model script. I haven't tried it so if there are some experimenters out there have at it.

greg

1 hour ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Clever idea that should work on any raised item.ie dash knobs, lug nuts,etc.  What I was thinking is using Elmer's glue on scripts, let dry, peel off and fill recess in glue with Molotaw ink wipe excess let tack up and then place glue back over script and release ink onto model script. I haven't tried it so if there are some experimenters out there have at it.

greg

Yup.  There's always more than one way to skin a cat so to speak.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

Cool, I am going to try that. That is kind of how they get the designs on Hot Wheels. They refer to them as Tampo's. Inked rubber stamps. 

Yeah....I thought it was a good idea and worked for me.

1 hour ago, customline said:

I tried this on tires with acrylic craft paint with decent results but have not tried scripts with Molotow chrome. Good thinking, Bob! Gonna try it🙂

Give it a go.  I was pleased with how my script turned out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Zippi changed the title to Rubber Stamp for Script