Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1953 Ford Victoria*

Zippi

7 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

That is looking real nice Bob! I wasn’t thrilled with the paint colour at first….but with the chrome on, it looks great. And it will be even better once the foil is done.👍

Thank's Greg.  Yeah I think it's going to look pretty sharp once it all goes together.

To cold to be out in the garage this morning (-2 degrees wind chill) so I'm trying to do a little foil work on the door panels in the house.  It is not going good.  Once again the foil is not sticking.  If I blow are I can blow the foil off the little stars.  So frustrating.

20220107_094316.jpg.3350be19a459660609cabcbd69712ddb.jpg

Edited by Zippi

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I wonder if coating the foil with that Micro Sol (?) that is used on decal sheets to save them would help ?

I really don't know Ray.  I wish bmf would get there act together and get back with their regular supplier.

4 hours ago, Zippi said:

I really don't know Ray.  I wish bmf would get there act together and get back with their regular supplier.

i was thinking about the foil and something came to mind about Rich Manson. He used clear coat as a glue on lots of things. Not a bad idea..

7 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Maybe a little dab of Pledge or Future(?) would adhere them.

Thank's for the info Greg.  I still need to put another coat or two of the green on and once I'm finished with that the panels will get a light coat of matt clear.  Maybe that will work if it doen't blow them off.  

You did a beautiful paint job Bob, I really like the color combination you chose, it's typical of that era. 👌

I remember seeing an episode of Gas Monkey Garage in their early days, they had modified a 52 Ford Mainline into a gasser and I liked the body style, it looks quite different from what you see most of the time...!

By the way, I understand your frustration with the BMF, it seems that the product is not what it was in the beginning, at least according to my last experiences with their "improved" versions...

Keep up the good work! 👍

11 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

You did a beautiful paint job Bob, I really like the color combination you chose, it's typical of that era. 👌

I remember seeing an episode of Gas Monkey Garage in their early days, they had modified a 52 Ford Mainline into a gasser and I liked the body style, it looks quite different from what you see most of the time...!

By the way, I understand your frustration with the BMF, it seems that the product is not what it was in the beginning, at least according to my last experiences with their "improved" versions...

Keep up the good work! 👍

Thank's Francis.  I remember seeing that show. Turned out to be a nice looking Gasser. 

9 hours ago, customline said:

For that really small stuff like handles and those little stars I stopped trying to foil and just use my extreme fine brush and Molotow chrome ink. And magnification.  And decaf.🥴

Thank's Jim.  I've got the magnifing glasses but even with the decaf I'm not steady enough and the Molotow pen can't get back in those tight corners.  I may have to give it a shot though.

I only use Molotow as is, from the pen,, on chrome touch-up(bumpers, etc) and for small details, I pump a little out on something non-porous and use an appropriate size brush. I have arthritic hands and my eyes have floaters that drive me crazy; you can do it, Bob 😎.

Edited by customline
Clarification

10 minutes ago, customline said:

I only use Molotow as is, from the pen,, on chrome touch-up(bumpers, etc) and for small details, I pump a little out on something non-porous and use an appropriate size brush. I have arthritic hands and my eyes have floaters that drive me crazy; you can do it, Bob 😎.

Haha....yeah I don't know.  I'm hoping the bmf stays put.  The wife finally decided it's time to take the Christmas tree and all the decoration down today.  Probably get back on the 53 tomorrow if it's not to cold out in the garage.