Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first build for 2022 - '32 Ford Classic Hot Rod updated 9/20/22

Bullybeef

8 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

This is gonna be cool :D

I hope so haha, I’m starting with the old monogram roadster kit(former glue bomb) and the plan is to use the early suspension mounts from the chassis and mate them into the revell 32 frame. Kinda backdating it to a more period hotrod chassis. 

FE67C783-B864-4087-932D-0A40F175AF6A.jpeg

• Like 1

• Xingu changed the title to My first build for 2022 - '32 Ford Classic Hot Rod

More “framework” in quotie fingers. I still have to fill all the extra cavities in the frame from the 29 kit. Last step in this process will be to make a buggy spring cradle for the rear, then I should be able to get it up on four wheels and then select which body style will suit it the best 

EFF96294-0144-467F-A33E-6A1D8B9B6A57.jpeg

F5EF041B-83AE-4849-B9E3-7AD627BCE11C.jpeg

282DA233-2119-4149-A4D6-A4A5179B8774.jpeg

CEBA4732-F64E-4452-A4C4-A441FD09111E.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Dennis Lacy said:

This is off to a good start. Just goes to show there are many ways to approach traditionally backdating the chassis. The chopped 3W is a great choice!

Thank you @Dennis Lacy that means a lot coming from you! I got my source info here

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1304rc-1932-ford-crossmember

I’m still working on the front and rear crossmembers and will continue with the centre k frame to make it look a little more stock .

4A2BBB48-963E-44AA-9303-FE8BD54EC957.jpeg

Looks good with the rear spring added. Has the classic quick change and high arch spring that looks tuff from behind. I would stick with the torque tube and radius rods. In the rear world it’s the best design for a freely articulating/non binding axle & suspension. That, and you integrated the parts so nicely. 

Looking at the engine placement, do you have enough room for the belt drive? Looks like the engine is right up against the front cross member. In the picture with the body on there’s a bunch of space between the back of the engine and firewall. Plenty of room to scoot it back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Looks good with the rear spring added. Has the classic quick change and high arch spring that looks tuff from behind. I would stick with the torque tube and radius rods. In the rear world it’s the best design for a freely articulating/non binding axle & suspension. That, and you integrated the parts so nicely. 

Looking at the engine placement, do you have enough room for the belt drive? Looks like the engine is right up against the front cross member. In the picture with the body on there’s a bunch of space between the back of the engine and firewall. Plenty of room to scoot it back. 

Thank you for the kind words @Dennis Lacy the engine in the photos is just one that I've been using to mock up with, the correct engine will have a lasalle box and adaptor, it was my hope that it will fit properly. if not I can quickly remove the center sections and slide them all back a tinch. That was supposed to be last nights challenge but my area of the city lost power for 8 hours haha. 

• Bullybeef changed the title to My first build for 2022 - '32 Ford Classic Hot Rod updated 9/20/22