Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first build for 2022 - '32 Ford Classic Hot Rod updated 9/20/22

Bullybeef

1 hour ago, Bullybeef said:

Thank you for the kind words @Dennis Lacy the engine in the photos is just one that I've been using to mock up with, the correct engine will have a lasalle box and adaptor, it was my hope that it will fit properly. if not I can quickly remove the center sections and slide them all back a tinch. That was supposed to be last nights challenge but my area of the city lost power for 8 hours haha. 

Understood. I went through the thread and that wasn’t explained so I had assumed you changed your plans for the engine and trans. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Right on! Now you have the motor sitting right where it belongs. Didn’t know you were going with the ARDUN setup. Looks great with the hard chopped 3W body. 

Yep an Ardun will be the centrepiece, I have a nice set of resin heads. Just buttoning up the front end right now. 

C92603CE-B12A-441C-879C-0447983A225D.jpeg

B95145EF-5EE6-4E00-B0F4-AC2A166B0873.jpeg

Edited by Bullybeef
Sqell!inq

This, right here...is money! If you can nail down that stance this will be a home run.

Like Dennis said, this just shows there's more than one way to backdate the Revell 32 frame. I've tackled that a bunch of times on the Revell 32 frame, but never on the 32 from from the Model A kits. I suppose that might be easier since the floor board is separate. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

This, right here...is money! If you can nail down that stance this will be a home run.

Like Dennis said, this just shows there's more than one way to backdate the Revell 32 frame. I've tackled that a bunch of times on the Revell 32 frame, but never on the 32 from from the Model A kits. I suppose that might be easier since the floor board is separate. 

Thank you Craig, it is a lot easier to add detail to the new 32 frame,  the stance will remain pretty much as is, I decided to do a slight wedge channel to keep it from having the rear up look of a lot of hot rods. The suspension height is locked in and I’m stoked on getting more work done. Seeing as I’m on a 5 day isolation ban I should have a fair bit of bench time. 
My biggest hurdle now will be to select a colour that will showcase this work properly. 
stay tuned…

B559E4F0-B52B-4B9E-B40A-394C2AF5E63A.jpeg

This, but instead of the wires (which look cool on this car, but don't really fit with your build) how about the wide 5 style wheels (think AMT 36 Ford) but with the center picked out in a different color (or chrome would look sharp)

Edited by Mr. Metallic

58 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

B559E4F0-B52B-4B9E-B40A-394C2AF5E63A.jpeg

This, but instead of the wires (which look cool on this car, but don't really fit with your build) how about the wide 5 style wheels (think AMT 36 Ford) but with the center picked out in a different color (or chrome would look sharp)

I have a set of those but one is roached beyond repair, the glue used to attach a hubcap took all of the detail off. 

1 hour ago, Bullybeef said:

I have a set of those but one is roached beyond repair, the glue used to attach a hubcap took all of the detail off. 

They should still be in the most recent release of the kit. Either that or they're pretty common, maybe a fellow builder will help you out?

• Bullybeef changed the title to My first build for 2022 - '32 Ford Classic Hot Rod updated 9/20/22