Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO2022 - Official Topic.


Recommended Posts

2022 BIG RIG BUILD-OFF

This is the official sign-up thread

Please post below what you plan to build and start a build thread in the WIP section.

Contest Rules:

1. This is a Hobby so have fun!

2. Contest begins Jan. 1 and ends Dec. 31. Judging will last for 7 days by forum members beginning in Jan 2023.

3. Any scale welcome.

     Bobtail Trucks, Truck and Trailer Combos, and Straight trucks are all fine.

4. No restrictions on aftermarket parts.

5. Must start with a new kit or new kit parts or a complete rebuild.

6.All entries must begin a thread in the "WIP " section including a picture of what you're starting with, including the title "B.R.B.O." along with the title of what you're building beginning on Jan.1 2020.

7. Monthly updates are not required, just requested even if there has not been any progress. Just please let us know how things are going.

8. A finished "Under Glass B.R.B.O." thread must be posted on or before Dec. 31, 2022. A separate thread with a complete list of finished contestants will be posted for judging.

Happy building!!!!!

   Rog😁

 

List of Entrants:

 

1. Jhedir6 - Volvo "Iron Knight".

2. wayne00 - White Freightliner SD/DD and Double Header trailer Combo (P.I.E.).

3. Vettegasser - International 4300 to 4200.

4. Pete68 - 1/25 AMT White Western Star.

5. Mopar - D - ?

6. kuhnj - Autocar DC/Leach Garbage Truck.

7. catpack68 - International CO-4070A.

8. Bennyg 1/32 Mack Superliner rebuild. 

9. tbill - B.R.B.O 22. Pete 378/flatbed.

10. Oldmopars - Ford LN8000 Coke Delivery truck from a Snow Plow kit.

11. Bills72sj - ?

12. Rusty92 -AMT White Freightliner.

13. WarrenD - ?

14. OldTrucker GMC Astro 95 & Moving Van.

15. DRIPTROIT71 - CF Freightliner Pusher.

 

Edited by wayne00
update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll be rebuilding my Brother Bill’s White Western Star from 1973 that he built. The only thing  I have left is the original cab and hood everything else will be from the reissue kit. 

Edited by Pete68
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure what my official entry will be. I have restarted an AMT KW T-600 Canepa that stalled mid 2007. The engine is assembled and the body is painted so I am not sure it qualifies. It will (hopefully) not be the only big rig I tackle this year. I do have some goodies in the stash waiting their turn. Count me in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rog. I’m sorry but I’ve changed my mind I think I’m going to build a 1/25 AMT White Western Star instead wonder if you can change that for me thanks and delete my previous build thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Rog. I’m sorry but I’ve changed my mind I think I’m going to build a 1/25 AMT White Western Star instead wonder if you can change that for me thanks and delete my previous build thread. 

Pete88, you should be able to edit you post and change the title and picture.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the post and it should give you that option.

If not, we will have to get with a mod.

I can't delete or change other people's posts.

   Rog😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wayne00 said:

Pete88, you should be able to edit you post and change the title and picture.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the post and it should give you that option.

If not, we will have to get with a mod.

I can't delete or change other people's posts.

   Rog😁

 

Ok thanks sorry for the inconvenience 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I am not sure what my official entry will be. I have restarted an AMT KW T-600 Canepa that stalled mid 2007. The engine is assembled and the body is painted so I am not sure it qualifies. It will (hopefully) not be the only big rig I tackle this year. I do have some goodies in the stash waiting their turn. Count me in.

I talked it over with some of the powers that be, and we feel that the Canepa is a little too far along for this build.

I will put you down as a ? hopefully you will come up with something.

   Rog😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Xingu pinned this topic

I’m going to join in this year and even get started today! I’m going to be building this AMT White Freightliner. I’ll be doing a tandem axle day cab set up. Here is a photo of the un-started kit!

54E6ED66-D2DC-4A3E-B70E-4461F7B2B462.thumb.jpeg.3040b0f1cda9e528d884170f22b1d34c.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rusty92 said:

I’m going to join in this year and even get started today! I’m going to be building this AMT White Freightliner. I’ll be doing a tandem axle day cab set up. Here is a photo of the un-started kit!

I like it!!

Don't forget to start a build thread.

   Rog😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in but haven't decided what to do yet.  Last year's entry got hung up (still not finished) waiting for parts etc so I'm looking for a project that I have everything in stock (or know I can get quickly).  Hoping to decide in a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I miss getting anyone added to the list, just holler at me.

I respond weel to abuse, I have been married for almost 40 years after all.

   Rog😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that there are already a couple of Freightliners in the mix, but put me down for a CF Freightliner Pusher truck. I will go ahead and start a build thread, but it will be later in the year before I start it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...