Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italari 1/12 Alfa Romeo Monza 8c

Just ordered the “old box” version of this Kit.  So watching with interest :)

Would you share some of your colour choice plans etc?  I will probably do mine with a black chassis etc as was the fashion of the period..  The instructions are delightfully vague

Yes some parts it gives you 2 choices of colour other places it says nothing ( and some of them are quite large parts) the diff and rear axle for instance no colour cal, out at all.

I will be using jay lenos replica (if you look on YouTube there is a video of him unboxing it) also there are loads of YouTube videos of it in various colours.

• Thanks 1

More done to the Alfa added detail to the firewall (put the rubber strip round where the bonnet goes and some wires) added (or as much as I can see) the throttle linkage (not sure where to route the throttle linkage) all the pics I can find finish where it is now, obviously it must end up at the peddle but no idea how it goes from where it is now to the peddle.

Loving the detail on the grill (this from a man that hates PE

IMG-9782.jpg

IMG-9791.jpg

IMG-9799.jpg
IMG-9793.jpg
IMG-9792.jpg

IMG-9800.jpg

IMG-9801.jpg

More done to the Alfa, the underneath is finished so on to the top ( those nuts are 1.4mm the hole I drilled in them is 0.3mm) the drilling was easy threading that wire through the hole was another story. 

I'm kind of wishing I hadn't started it, on the other hand it does make quite a difference to the overall look.

The exhaust is not fixed I just wanted to see how it looked.

The radiator to bulkhead brace I made out of copper wire the thing supplied in the kit is so flimsy (the only bad bit in the whole kit.

IMG-9882.jpg

IMG-9880.jpg

IMG-9881.jpg

IMG-9884.jpg

IMG-9883.jpg

IMG-9888.jpg

IMG-9886.jpg

IMG-9885.jpg

IMG-9889.jpg