Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford Drag/Rod

James2

Thanks for the interest everyone. Carl, I'm keeping with the finish'em all theme and in doing so I'm not purchasing any new supplies either. So what ever I find in the paint box is what it will be. I will say it should be unexpected!  

This looking really tough. Great stance, nice chop.

@tim boyd needs to see this, he's a big proponent of this kits merits

Curious, it looks like you may have used the rear crossmember from the Revell 40 as well? What's the reasoning behind that? Making it easy to mate up with the revell 40 suspension, or something else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

This looking really tough. Great stance, nice chop.

@tim boyd needs to see this, he's a big proponent of this kits merits

Curious, it looks like you may have used the rear crossmember from the Revell 40 as well? What's the reasoning behind that? Making it easy to mate up with the revell 40 suspension, or something else?

Always open to Tim’s comments. And yes I used the 40 cross member mostly because I cut the other out with the rest of the floor pan. Thx

14 hours ago, James2 said:

Always open to Tim’s comments. And yes I used the 40 cross member mostly because I cut the other out with the rest of the floor pan. Thx

Thanks, Craig, for the heads-up, and thanks James for showing us this project. 

That is one of the most well-done '34 Ford chops I have ever seen.  Leaning the A-pillar posts as you did is really hard to do, but in many ways delivers the very best overall result on mid-1930 Ford Coupe bodies, and you flat out nailed it. 

Also, very impressed with the choice of the Columbia two-speed rear/'40 Ford crossmember, and the way you handled the tail end of the body in the back. 

Great work!   TIM a