Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Challenger T/A

Bronzekeg

I'm starting on another kit from the stash. I have a red one in my collection that I built many years ago so that color is out. going to build it factory stock. as usual all c&c are welcome. this particular kit I don't care for the box art, the pics on the instructions are much better.

DSC04287 (2).JPG

10 hours ago, espo said:

MoPar offered a lot of in-your-face colors in that era. They also had a lot of others as well. Maybe study a color chart of their offerings to see what appeals to you.  

Here is a color chart of E body builds I have done.

Rainbow.JPG

Just since this seems to be a "show and tell" thread....

I "rescued" a glue bomb last year; polished out the nice metallic burnt orange plastic. Turned out pretty nice but my photos didn't so I never posted it. Here's about the best of the cruddy pics. 

70ChallengerGB09.jpg.a1eec8c9cc22cd2c9ffbb3342d7468c0.jpg

16 hours ago, espo said:

MoPar offered a lot of in-your-face colors in that era. They also had a lot of others as well. Maybe study a color chart of their offerings to see what appeals to you.  

believe it or not i've been leaning towards white David.

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Just since this seems to be a "show and tell" thread....

I "rescued" a glue bomb last year; polished out the nice metallic burnt orange plastic. Turned out pretty nice but my photos didn't so I never posted it. Here's about the best of the cruddy pics. 

70ChallengerGB09.jpg.a1eec8c9cc22cd2c9ffbb3342d7468c0.jpg

you did a nice job rescuing it Richard. btw the pic is better than the box art!

12 hours ago, Bronzekeg said:

believe it or not i've been leaning towards white David.

Find a bright colored interior and if you're using stripes have them in a matching color to the interior. White is a very clean looking color and always looks good on a 1:1 when clean. My daily driver is a white '18 Charger GT with the spoilers painted to match. 

19 hours ago, espo said:

Find a bright colored interior and if you're using stripes have them in a matching color to the interior. White is a very clean looking color and always looks good on a 1:1 when clean. My daily driver is a white '18 Charger GT with the spoilers painted to match. 

thinking white with black hood, stripes and interior. I know white photographs well.