Model Cars Magazine Forum

Invisible Man by Moebius

43 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Cool stuff! It reminds me of my old Aurora Movie Monsters collection WAAYYY back! SO much fun. Nice job on this one.

Thanks Rusty , My cousin and I would head to the drug store and get then , then run home and start building before the midnight monster shows in Tucson.

Nice! What did you have? I amassed Frankenstein's Monster, Dr. Jekyll as Mr.Hyde, Creature from The Black Lagoon, Dracula, and The Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare! All lined up on one shelf where I could see the glow-in-the-dark parts from my bed at night. For good measure, and because he was the right height, I also had a Godzilla at the end of the row!

My mom wonderfully understood that I would always be happy at gift-giving occasions to receive any model kit with "Aurora" on the label. Oddly, I never had any of their car kits, but planes, monsters, figures, and dinosaurs were all welcomed, with the F-9 Panther being my first ever built-completely-by-me. I considered the big green Allosaurus my greatest triumph as a kid! Man, thank you so much for jogging those memories loose; what times they were...

33 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Nice! What did you have? I amassed Frankenstein's Monster, Dr. Jekyll as Mr.Hyde, Creature from The Black Lagoon, Dracula, and The Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare! All lined up on one shelf where I could see the glow-in-the-dark parts from my bed at night. For good measure, and because he was the right height, I also had a Godzilla at the end of the row!

My mom wonderfully understood that I would always be happy at gift-giving occasions to receive any model kit with "Aurora" on the label. Oddly, I never had any of their car kits, but planes, monsters, figures, and dinosaurs were all welcomed, with the F-9 Panther being my first ever built-completely-by-me. I considered the big green Allosaurus my greatest triumph as a kid! Man, thank you so much for jogging those memories loose; what times they were...

33 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

I Had similar memoties butI di not (generally have monstr models) but usually Cars and rarely Military.

The Little Red wagon was the only kit my mother ever bought for me so I have now built it once again.

Mike

53 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Great detail painting. The model really captures the scene. Always enjoy looking at these type of models and amazed at the talent from the builder. One of my old favorite movies too.

Thanks Tony. I sometimes get in the mood to do one and have fun with them.

Mike

Thanks for the nostalgia wave! Though I don't think I had the Invisible Man kit, I do remember having several of the others.

Your detail painting and use of dry brush technique and washes is great. The set details are very nicely done and add a great deal to the model as a whole.

David G.