Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2022 GMC Astro 95 & Moving Van

• 4 weeks later...

Found a decent extra set of tires in another kit so,have the trailer wheels done.

Glued the side doors in place because they were warped and no one is ever going to look inside anyways!

Rear doors are really warped bad.

Hope i can straighten them more than I have already.

20220219_162047-1.jpg

Looking good Johnny. I’ve done 2 of these and did just the opposite of what you are doing with gluing the trailer together and I had problems with getting the top to fit right. I’ve got one more to build some day and I’m going to have to remember to try it your way. Good luck with your weather there it looks like winter is not going away anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Mopar - D said:

Looking good Johnny. I’ve done 2 of these and did just the opposite of what you are doing with gluing the trailer together and I had problems with getting the top to fit right. I’ve got one more to build some day and I’m going to have to remember to try it your way. Good luck with your weather there it looks like winter is not going away anytime soon. 

I started with the nose and one side and held it in place until it was set, then added the other side the same way.

Once everything was solid enough I put glue along the locating rib at the front of the roof and on the first inch of the sides and slid the sides assembly into place.

After that was solid enough I pushed the sides out just a crack and ran glue along each side pushing it together as I went.

Yeah, typical weather for this time of year. A few warm days then cold again. as Long as we can get days above freezing with sun and no wind I will paint!

Quick step out the door, spray and back inside before the parts get too cold. Put them in a box and into the closet to dry.

Didn't like the taillights for the trailer, can't remember seeing any like them.

So decided since so many extra lenses were included I would do somerging more familiar.

Hopefully it won't be windy and I can do some painting this weekend!

20220304_165537-1.jpg

Edited by OldTrucker
  • Like 1

Looking Great so far!! Nice work on the tail light conversion !! 

I always assumed that these were the style of lights the the kit was meant to represent. While I always liked this style of Trailmobile lights, you are right, the kit representation falls way short. Looks much better.

74DB5916-C823-48ED-8FF3-F1B47849AB0D.jpeg.86c03c322aba5253b0cfe8e860e5c19b.jpeg

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interior ready to go in as soon as I do a little detail work on the cab.

Wanted the sleeper open but didn't like the setup for the open curtains.

Cut out the center of the closed curtain piece to add the upper bulkhead panel and lowered the bunk a hair lower than the top edge of the interior bucket.

20220908_113520-1.jpg

• Like 1